• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Tree Top Quest

Jordan

TS Contributor
Not a lot to say on this yet, as there's not a lot of detail, but Alton Towers submitted a new planning application yesterday.

The title of the application is Demolition of existing single storey corrugated building and installation of new high ropes course including the erection of a new single storey building and new play area.

There's no planning documents yet - they usually take about a week to be posted on the council website - so we don't know whereabouts this is meant for. Perhaps a CBeebies Land extension? Or maybe something up near the hotels?

I thought a shipping container would be called 'a self contained single storey corrugated building' :D

Demolition of a corrugated building. Are Merlin high on something?! You're destroying your signature! :eek:

Sounds good. Can anyone think which building this might be that they're talking about? Maybe it's that building near the Rapids queue that says 'Aqualand' on it, you could have a course running up that access path near the Flume.

Untitled_zpsf86febe7.jpg
where it could be

Fairly sure this will be up at the hotels, they seem to be trying to position themselves to the same market as centre parcs ect.

I'm wondering what the demolished building would be? And I'm guessing this will be near the hotels as well.

There are buildings near ATH car park aren't there? Near the roundabout? I know one is a brick building, maybe there's a corrugated building hiding within those trees too.

I'm all for new resort attractions so this is good to see being submitted. I doubt this would open April 2015 with the lodges though. Maybe a summer 2015 opening?

The Beastie site comes under the GDO so wouldn't need an application for a building to be removed. Plus it's rumoured to be the site for a new kids roller coaster next year, so we can rule that area out at least.

They can definitely get this open for summer 2015 (if not opening 2015). Must only take a month or two to knock up these things.

Hope this is up at the hotels, would be a nice addition and further add to the non-theme park options available to guests. Good move I think if that is it.

Can't really think of anywhere on park it could go where there is currently a single storey corrugated metal building.

:)

Hope this is up at the hotels, would be a nice addition and further add to the non-theme park options available to guests. Good move I think if that is it.

Can't really think of anywhere on park it could go where there is currently a single storey corrugated metal building.

:)

The only single storey corrugated metal building I can think of in the park that would sound like a reasonable match would be the lockers in Dark Forest, they have the old Soakasaurus site directly behind them and a lot of woodland beyond. (or less likely the Goal Striker, though I can't see that going anywhere soon)

That said I think the hotels is a more likely proposition, spreading out into the woodland behind Splash Landings.

This really should be in the resort area - particularly as there's a play area, something which the hotels sorely need. Besides, the park already has two play areas (Tree Fu Tom and SPACE ADVENTURE!!!!).