• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Does anyone know why Air never got its full planned themeing? It can't be prohibitively expensive to build some ponds and fountains.

I think it was a timing issue, rushing to get everything done in time, and instead of delaying they just opened as it was. And probably was going to get around to doing it but then didn't.

At scarefest (both 2015 and 2014, maybe 2013 as well I don't remember) i remember seeing that the neon air sign was partially broken? As in that only half of it was illuminated (i think it said something daft like R Shop or something)

As much as it would be cool to see them re-instate (and fix it) i don't think they'll bother? they clearly weren't bothered about fixing it beforehand haha.

Does anyone know why Air never got its full planned themeing? It can't be prohibitively expensive to build some ponds and fountains.
I think it was a timing issue, rushing to get everything done in time, and instead of delaying they just opened as it was. And probably was going to get around to doing it but then didn't.

I believe it was more budget than timing. Air went over budget which meant that a lot of the theming and landscaping had to be cut. And there was never a subsequent budget to finish off the job.

:)

I believe it was more budget than timing. Air went over budget which meant that a lot of the theming and landscaping had to be cut. And there was never a subsequent budget to finish off the job.

Is the an artist's impression or similar mock up of the original plans, other than just black and white application sort of plan?

Wow, as much as I would have liked more theming, at least they avoided covering the ride in Cadbury adverts. Doubt they could have been as bad as oblivion-fanta though.
The ride was originally sponsored by Cadbury Heroes when it first opened.

At least they were not day glow orange and in your face. Yes, there was monitor all over the queueline showing heros adverts. However it was never as bad a oblivion sponsored by fanta

At least they were not day glow orange and in your face. Yes, there was monitor all over the queueline showing heros adverts. However it was never as bad a oblivion sponsored by fanta
At least the tv's worked at this point though. Can't be as bad as a blank screen.

From what I remember, the Cadbury sponsorship of Air was done in a relatively tasteful way - nowhere near as in-your-face as Fanta's sponsorship of Oblivion. I don't have a problem with rides (or other stuff in general) being sponsored, so long as it's tastefully done.

Fanta is a in your face brand though. Wonder if any of the new food retail partners will put any money in to sponsoring anything? The Pringles ladies garden perhaps or the once you pop you can't stop toilets?

Wonder what will be done with the queueline TVs way back in the extension queue. Last time I saw them on was sometime in July 2013 when the smiler lost a bolt and air and oblivion ended up with 3 hour queues.

Wonder what will be done with the queueline TVs way back in the extension queue. Last time I saw them on was sometime in July 2013 when the smiler lost a bolt and air and oblivion ended up with 3 hour queues.

Probably binned. They are the old CRT displays and given the weather and years they have been outside, i'd be amazed if they even still worked!

Ahhh, the memories of standing on the top of that hill for hours, watching the Cadbury Air adverts, in the sunshine, prodding each other in the neck with the pine needles off the trees to help with the boredom....happy days

r3RC8E.jpg

Nice to see the crafts looking worse for wear. Half the materials belonging to the VR set and wiring look like they're stuck on with velcro.

Well that doesn't look awful does it! Who'd have thought that modern tech could be made to look so dated and cumbersome. I know they're making a bit of a deal over this being waterproof unlike VR Coaster's version, but VR Coaster's does look a lot cooler!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.