• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
What's the point of Alton in sending me an email on Friday informing me of the possibility of MAP's holders obtaining preview ride of Galactica if they don't send me a follow up email with the details only for me to find out on here that they have all sold out in 10 mins :mad:

Well I've got my MAP and I'll be visiting the park thought out the year, so there will be plenty of time for me to ride it once all the teething problems have been sorted ;) and yes I do have a life away from FB :)

I wonder how many preview tickets have been snapped up before the official announcement by Merlin staff?...

...and how many have been snapped up by tickets touts, I wonder if we will be seeing some of these surfacing on the internet for a 6 figure sum :eek:

TBH for me I wouldn't like to visit Alton on a weekend. I can quiet happily wait :D. For me it's just the principle. Alton has clearly under estimate the demand for these.

For those that have received the email on Friday morning, it was giving the impression that these tickets were exclusively for pass holders. Today it was clear that these ticket were open to all. I just feel sorry anyone that rushed into purchasing a MAP on Friday, they would be very peeved off.

It never specified it was for all? Pretty sure you have to enter your annual pass number when you book your ticket (much like the celebration event happening this weekend)

If your hinting that that's the reason why they went so quickly if you think even if 1000 tickets were available that is probably a couple of % of Total Annual pass holders.

I'm personally not in a rush to get on it, it can wait till later in the year, I certainly wouldn't buy a MAP just for the privilege

Won't have a queue on the preview though. Really not prepared to queue two hours for air as I did for smiler.

To be fair I wouldn't queue more than 10 mins for air.

Galactica or not... It's a waste of space if you ask me!

To be fair I wouldn't queue more than 10 mins for air.

Galactica or not... It's a waste of space if you ask me!
Wouldn't wait more than 25 minutes for air before. Might wait 30 now, but that's about the limit for me. You can almost guarantee nemesis will have half the queue or less and is a better ride anyway.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.