• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nevermind, after re-watching it's clearly up to the top of the hill then I assume there will be curves ahead in the video sequence, I wanna know what comes after that portal now!

I think it looks incredible! My first visit is planned for the 27th so will try and get on it then, I'm already excited to ride it and having seen that preview it's fueled my excitement even more.

The floor opening up at 0:20 mark is hopefully going to create a massive sensation of being high up!!

I was originally skeptical with regards to how detailed the VR would look but... Wow. That looks pretty good.

I must admit i think i may be eating my words when this opens, i'm actually looking forward to visiting in May mainly because of this.

I expect the finished video is 360, so you can look round with the headset. But on a flat monitor on YouTube / Facebook they only need the flat video.

No doubt about the finished video being 360, but how much better would the preview been if it had been made like this? (best viewed on phone/tablet).

Unless they are of keeping things under wraps. Still, I am really happy with the preview and surprised at how good it looks.

I really like that tidbit
Titbit. You are not a septic.

So someone at Towers rode Helix and said "we want that music, only without paying for it. Commission a sound-a-like piece for legal reasons!", then?

I wonder what will happen about the lift slowing down, it will be out of sync.

The video is synced with sensors located on the train. So in theory if anything runs faster/slower the video "should " always be in time and if the train stops so will the video.

I do wonder if you get another ride around if your VR headset completely glitches half way around? I can't imagine if it shuts off half way around and being told to get to the back of the line, that anyone would be ok with that.

313990c6c7dad7e337b507b900f55bce.jpg

So excited . com

:D

Bring on the 20th mmmmm

:D

I wonder what will happen about the lift slowing down, it will be out of sync.

This has been addressed multiple times. The VR is synced with the motion of the trains. Any variation will be accounted for within the simulation.

That's a cool preview. I like the fact that it has it's own kind of art style. It can only be so much more immersive in 3D with a 360 degree view. The lengths they go to NOT to have to theme that tunnel! :p

The video is synced with sensors located on the train. So in theory if anything runs faster/slower the video "should " always be in time and if the train stops so will the video.

I do wonder if you get another ride around if your VR headset completely glitches half way around? I can't imagine if it shuts off half way around and being told to get to the back of the line, that anyone would be ok with that.

This is going to be a flaw with the system when it regularly starts to glitch out, and is inevitably going to irritate hosts and guests. The hosts won't know if guests are lying or not simply to get another ride which is entirely possible, and if it is true and the hosts tell them the back of the queue is the only option, then the guests are going to end up just as annoyed.

I have a feeling this scenario has probably been discussed during the development, but whether or not they have produced a solid outcome is a different matter.

This is going to be a flaw with the system when it regularly starts to glitch out, and is inevitably going to irritate hosts and guests. The hosts won't know if guests are lying or not simply to get another ride which is entirely possible, and if it is true and the hosts tell them the back of the queue is the only option, then the guests are going to end up just as annoyed.

I have a feeling this scenario has probably been discussed during the development, but whether or not they have produced a solid outcome is a different matter.
I know they can control all headsets via a tablet in the op cabin so assume you can see all displays from there but not sure

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.