• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If the headset themselves can detect a glich and reset. Then this can be communicated back to the VR control panel. they must have a way of logging problems that are sorted out independently by the Android OS.

Not sure if that would detect a glitch on the software or the hardware of one of the units.
I mean, basic hardware issues like the device not turning on would probably flag to the system as being offline as they would all be hooked up to the new WiFi that was installed in the area October of last year so if they are not connected the will flag as being down.

Techies then know the seat number and row and can then pop open the headset and have a look see :)

In terms of software again they can reset the devices, they may even have visual feeds of each headset.

At Universal, if something on the ride doesn't work and you complain to the hosts they immediately send you back onto the ride without queueing. We had this on Spiderman when the video glitched during the main drop scene. Can I see Towers doing the same? No!

:)

At Universal, if something on the ride doesn't work and you complain to the hosts they immediately send you back onto the ride without queueing. We had this on Spiderman when the video glitched during the main drop scene. Can I see Towers doing the same? No!

"I'm sorry you had problems with Galactica, As an apology and to feel REALLY "spaced" out I can give you a fastrack for Charlie if you'd like?"

No indeed!, and their excuse,
No re-rides due to health and safety, to the back of the queue you go :)

The problem with error logging is that unless you have alerts setup, you need someone to comb through them and actually understand them. Half the battle is working out the verbose level so you don't end up with information overload. Visual checks on a screen aren't going to be good enough proof to an angry technophobe or someone trying to pull a fast one to get an extra ride.

I am starting to see this like a new console, I'll wait until all the bugs have been patched before I ride this. (Says the guy who ended up buying his consoles on day one, I'll see you on the 24th ;) )

It's just customer service at its best

I wonder what will happen about the lift slowing down, it will be out of sync.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the lift slowing down is a way for the ride to wait until the train in front has cleared the blocks isn't it? If so, then with all the faff of putting the VR headset on and then the usual faff of checking all the seats, does anyone think that this wont be a problem. Even with vast numbers of staff, there is going to be faff on this ride, which will reduce throughput, therefore the lift slowing may not be encountered as it will take so long to dispatch a train.

What I want to see is whats going to happen during breakdowns and the train is stuck on the lift for 5 - 10 mins. That will be fun wont it :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but the lift slowing down is a way for the ride to wait until the train in front has cleared the blocks isn't it? If so, then with all the faff of putting the VR headset on and then the usual faff of checking all the seats, does anyone think that this wont be a problem. Even with vast numbers of staff, there is going to be faff on this ride, which will reduce throughput, therefore the lift slowing may not be encountered as it will take so long to dispatch a train.

What I want to see is whats going to happen during breakdowns and the train is stuck on the lift for 5 - 10 mins. That will be fun wont it :)

Completely agree...

And if the sync is such a pain to do and the loading didn't take too long... then wouldn't it just be a matter of not allowing the train to stop on the lift in the first place by holding it in the station that little bit longer?

there will probably be a message that will come on the screens if the ride E-stops or breaks down.
also, will the video be synced to when the train tilts in the station?

A virtual atten

Simples. A Virtual attendant is badly animated to where you are, and they tell you "evv-v-v-verythin-n-ng is f-fff-fine" and that there is just a technical glitch.

Damn I have just realised... This isn't just a new wash on an old ride. This is just the first step in Alton not actually needing any staff and never again needing to paint anything. In only a few short years you will arrive at park and use the dispensing machine to get your VR goggles, then all rides and interactions are virtual.

I have used my top notch image editing skills to piece together the break down experience.

Ys2y1q2.jpg

(With a million apologies to Matthew Wells and Vishnu pv for the original images)
EDIT: Press your nose up against the screen for full effect.

Last edited:
I have used my top notch image editing skills to piece together the break down experience.

Ys2y1q2.jpg

(With apologies to Matthew Wells and Vishnu pv for the original images)
they wouldn't be able to say "unforeseen teething problems", because they wouldn't be "unforeseen", as new (or new-ish, in Galactica's case) rides always have teething problems (it's rare that they don't).

there will probably be a message that will come on the screens if the ride E-stops or breaks down.
also, will the video be synced to when the train tilts in the station?

Yes it will be synched, the headsets offer a 360 degree view of a virtual world so when the headset is tipped...the view will tip with it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.