• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd imagine that If the ride broke on the lift/station/brake run then you would hear a voiceover from eve, followed by the voice of the ride op saying you are stuck while they wait for it to be fixed.

Don't know what they'd do if they needed to evacuate on the lift. Be might make it much more difficult.

I honestly can't emphasise how smooth the whole experience is. I'm basing this on Alpen Express, but i'm sure Altons will be just as smooth.

As for the evacuation point, it'll be a case of getting riders to take the goggles off and hand them to the ride host, no real drama

I honestly can't emphasise how smooth the whole experience is. I'm basing this on Alpen Express, but i'm sure Altons will be just as smooth.

As for the evacuation point, it'll be a case of getting riders to take the goggles off and hand them to the ride host, no real drama
They are attached to the ride though ;) rip them off the seat during an evacuation :D

I thought they were attached to the bum back type thing? If they are attached, there must be a way of getting them off the riders head and leaving them attached....especially if people can ride without the VR

I thought they were attached to the bum back type thing? If they are attached, there must be a way of getting them off the riders head and leaving them attached....especially if people can ride without the VR
Pretty sure they are attached to the ride, think the dedication video on Alton Towers the guy from Figment productions said its tethered to the ride.

Not sure how it is attached though but can imagine you just lift up your headset and bish bash bosh :)

Ian from CF made a good point: Where is the video pointed? Will all the action happen when you're looking down or will you have to constantly be looking up to get the full experience?

Ian from CF made a good point: Where is the video pointed? Will all the action happen when you're looking down or will you have to constantly be looking up to get the full experience?
Like most 360° Videos you tend to have all the action happening at the front and then less important stuff happening in other places.

As with "full" experience, it's subjective as these videos are pretty rewatchable as you will get a new experience looking in every direction.

Yes like I said forward is the most natural position to keep your head so to get the biggest impact and see the main events of the video, forward will be your best bet as even when you ride Air normally you look forward not down but it's possibly going to be one of them "new things every time" experiences, if done correctly.

It could be a huge success if the video is of a high enough quality and will cause a lot of conversation between guests

"Did you look left and see that asteroid hit that planet?"

"Did you see that black hole above your head when we went to the first planet?"

John Wardley says "It's absolute crap, they RUINED my creation!"

Never going to happen.

But there seem to be one to two quotes floating around from him in other interviews that suggests he does actually like it, and I have to say, having seen the video, it has a kind of wip3out feel to it which is a game I always loved!

This bugger may win me over yet!

Having seen the video, I have to say I am way more tempted than I was before to ride it...

None of my general concerns for VR have changed though.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.