• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
From the photos that I have seen it looks like extending the Air shop has well and truly ruined what was probably the best looking building on park! Even 13 years after opening it still looked like a modern structure. Now it just looks like a mess of angles. Hopefully it won't seem so bad come opening day.

:)

Noticed a few comments about the "Launch Portal" Is it a launch portal? Whilst that would make sense the portal fly through actually looks to be located at the bottom of the first drop on the concept art, not the lift hill as I originally thought.

Gotta say, I hope they've thought ahead and internally lit the portal for Scarefest/fireworks etc. It'd look awesome and wouldn't cost too much with a few led strips inside. And power's already over that area for the ORP cameras

Gotta say, I hope they've thought ahead and internally lit the portal for Scarefest/fireworks etc. It'd look awesome and wouldn't cost too much with a few led strips inside. And power's already over that area for the ORP camera
Yes, it would look really good lit in the dark. Would be even better if they thought about dry ice, but not getting my hopes up. Hope they fix oblivion before they add mist to another ride.

Yeah a blanket of mist would be so cool, especially for your senses...paired up with the video... Very cool!

"Dry ice" would be a very bad idea, given it is heavier than air. It would sink in to the tunnel and station, displacing all the breathable air, resulting in a lot of dead riders and staff amazing world's first "space air" theming!

A mister would probably ruin the goggles (calling it now: they aren't waterproof and the whole sysytem will die the first time it rains), and we all know Merlin won't keep paying for fluid for a fog machine.

Ideally they could flood the tunnel with water and put those ultrasonic misters dotted around the floor which wouldn't wet the ride, would need to treat the water to keep it clean though...

That would look pretty cool and not cost much, although i can't see much happening with it now considering riders wont see it... what would look cool and what they could have done fairly cheaply years ago looking back... put tiny led lights in lines along the edges of the tunnel to make it look like a runway, wouldn't cost much as I say and it'd be pre themed almost with grimy concrete!

The planning permission had themeing on the lift hill, however concept had the portal on the first drop. So god knows where it will end up.

It's not going to make any difference to planning is it? Because it's hardly a large piece.

Perhaps it will double up as a game, those ones you have to move the hoop around the track without touching it, if you manage it, you win a free Fastrack!

It's not going to make any difference to planning is it? Because it's hardly a large piece.

Perhaps it will double up as a game, those ones you have to move the hoop around the track without touching it, if you manage it, you win a free Fastrack!
Nevertheless it was on the planning application. I can't see any reason why it won't be on the lift and the drop. If there is only the one piece then it'll be the drop.

It will be on the lift because that's where the planning has been approved, if you actually look at the concept art they've drawn the first drop as the lift hill.

It's the bottom of the drop.. I saw an image of it being constructed on twitter today... trying to find it again now..
9fkm6hx.png

Photo credit: Dan Cotton

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.