• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I worked on BP when she was doing that!

Shocking to hear they are scrapping this perk. Surely the BPB is one of the highest honours anyone can receive?

That's what I thought, they always seemed to have a decent relationship with merlin, we always had a lovely clip before an sw ride opening, even including a name reveal and some pov footage! Hope this carries on, used to love that show!

Hehe, the best CBBC / Towers collaboration was when they got Wardley to appear on Going Live (or possibly Live and kicking, I forget), talking about the new "shark diving" coaster. All riders would have to wear SCUBA gear, and the cars would have a shark cage around them. The track would dive under the main lake, which would be filled with great white sharks. Naturally, they would have to add salt to the water, so the camera panned down to a massive pile of bags of salt.

.... Needless to say, it was an April fools joke.

I tried to find it, years back when I was staff. Sadly with no luck. I'm sure it's out there somewhere on the interwebs...

It is a lot more money as you have to buy on the day, making a trip for 2 around £20 more expensive. Other promotions don't allow you to get a ticket at the cheaper rate (online) unlike blue peter badge

Yes all those £20 soon add up, could make the difference for the Towers between reopening Hex and the other SBNO rides next season ;)

Depends on where you live, it cost me £20 extra in petrol just to drive from Alton Towers to Blackpool :rolleyes:

Merlin is a business not a charity, if the putting an end to free entry by using Blue Peter badges means more money that can be re-injected into the attractions, then I think that can only be a good thing.

Last edited:
Merlin made a QUARTER OF A BILLION last year, and that was a bad year. They can afford to let people with badges in for free. 'Merlin are a business' is a cop out excuse for them in situations like this, they've always been a business so why stop it now, especially when they're doing better again? Glad they're getting negative publicity for it.

It's not a massive thing of course, but these things add up, and I'm not saying we should be taking to the streets over it or anything, but when Merlin make a decision that is bad, we should at least be honest and say it's bad.

Regardless of how much they made companies will always look at ways to make more or save more money it's the nature of having to please the shareholders

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.