• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Ireland

A rocking Tug is one of those rides where at first I think, "surely EP have one of those already?" ... But obviously they don't. ;)

Like the choice between getting smacked upside the head by a bat of either the baseball or cricket persuasions... it matters not. ;)

The Ireland page on Europa-Park's website has recently been updated to show all of the areas attractions. It includes a concept for the upstairs Irish bar:

The-OMackays-Cafe-and-Pub_Gastro_Europa-Park_01.jpg

And the exterior:

The-OMackays-Cafe-and-Pub_Gastro_Europa-Park_03.jpg

The website also states that it will serve "original Irish beers". Of course we'll be seeing it all for real in a couple of days!

:)

"From the latest theme park soundtracks - including Night Beat Angels and Ireland - to recent pop hits and exclusive content - Europa-Park Radio has just launched so you can get that Rust feeling in your own front room! Why not tune in tonight?" - Europa-Street Facebook

http://radio.europapark.de

Europa-Park have posted some photos from the opening ceremony to Twitter, including Roland on an old tractor:

CnJ5NYdWgAAT3sK.jpg

CnJ6dLxXEAA18Sl.jpg

CnJ7MqjW8AEb4Jc.jpg

CnJ8khRWIAE2IzV.jpg

CnJ_YFIWYAEZcPN.jpg

CnKBN5IXYAA1hwi.jpg

Looking very nice! I'm sure plenty more photos will filter through today and tomorrow.

Ireland looks fantastic and a great addition to Europa.

Despite being a kids area, I'm happy there's a brewery for us older guests too.

Here we go, this is what we have all been waiting for, a POV of Baa-a-a Express:

WOW!

;)

Most kids coasters go round twice, going around once would make for an even more utterly abysmal ride experience!

Well at least it beats Troublesome Trucks.

This will definitely be a hit with the kids though.

The new version of the EP Guide app has just been released on the App Store. Not too sure if there are many amazing new features but the look of it is certainly more modern.

The new app is much sleeker in comparision to the previous app which was getting rather dated. However despite it looking nicer I am not sure if it is as useful, various features seem to have vanished or are harder to find.

Anyway, Ireland! I thought it was about time we saw some photos and EPFans.info have plenty!

Let's start with the most important element of Ireland, the new pub:
OMackays-Pano1-556.jpg

It is located above the cafe:
1468400937.jpg

Exterior including outdoor seating area:
1468400910.jpg

Area overview:
1468400906.jpg

What looks like the new show area:
1468401057.jpg

Slides:
1468400956.jpg

Dancing Dingie:
1468401169.jpg

And a few general area photos:
1468401231.jpg

1468401074.jpg

1468401244.jpg

Looks like these photos were taken following the opening ceremony on Tuesday so there were still a few bits and bobs to be sorted before it opened fully yesterday. I have one very minor gripe, the supports for a couple of the slides look awful, I do hope they are given some wooden cladding or something similar. We know what EP are like for continuous improvements though so I am not worried at the moment.

Everything else looks fantastic and I have a feeling that the pub may well become a new favourite TST drinking venue!

Finally here is a video showcasing Ireland that EP posted the other day: