• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Ireland

I think it's highly unlikely that Ireland will be ready for my trip in just over 3 weeks :(

Hey ho, I'll get to see it December....

I didn't expect the buildings to be quite the size they are....a far cry from a standard merlin retheme!

Here's a photo a friend of mine took today... I am a little shocked about how much work is still required

6lj1Nu6.jpg

I did. I worked on it =)

So, relax. I am sure the area will open by the time the French celebrate Bastille Day!

Great to hear you have worked on projects at Europa-Park! Very interesting.

:)

The EP website is now saying opening will be mid-July. From looking at the site last week I can well believe there are a fair few more weeks work to be done as some of the structures are still going up.

From looking at the site last week there is still a heck of a lot of work to be done but it is progressing at a decent rate. Some parts are more advanced than others. I do think mid-July will become more of a mid-to-late July though, weekend of 23/24 July would be my guess at the moment.

I'm really pleased with how it is looking though, should be another great area of the park and a vast improvement on what was there previously!

Some new photos have been posted over on epfans.ch showing progress on Ireland:

13483332_1127292220625764_360406752122786608_o.jpg

I've only posted the one (taken from Facebook) as the others are only small.

Good to see the usual detail in the paving! Also the coaster has now been painted green.

There is now a free Coastiality app that can be downloaded from the App Store and the Google Play store. :)

I see the slides lying on the ground at the back there. Looks like a few people will be relieved. :p

I'm looking forward to seeing the slides in Ireland again. Mainly so we can get more of this:
uBavC.gif

:p

(Apologies if the GIF is a bit small, BTW. It's Joelio falling off one of the slides at EP one summer - I think it may have been 2011, but I'm not 100% sure.)

An opening ceremony will be held for Ireland on the park's 41st birthday, 12th July. The area will be fully accessible after this and then will open normally with the park from the 13th July onwards.

Not long to wait!

EDIT:

Europa-Park have shared some new photos of the area:

CmmiEDCXYAAafZf.jpg

CmmiEx2XYAAvXDE.jpg

CmmiFtvXgAAPPSu.jpg

CmmiGuZWEAA_5Ld.jpg

Last edited:
This could be the first "tractor ride" I've ever seen where the tractors actually look like they've seen some use. :p

Hey guys,

Just back from a trip to Europa Park at the weekend. Saw Ireland in the flesh and it looks like it will be a great addition to the park. When we saw it (last Friday) it seemed that a few bits and pieces needed to be finished but they were testing a few of the rides which you could see through the fence.

The detail is incredible and it's actually a lot bigger than anticipated.

Judging from the pictures this looks to be another lovely area in the park and fit in with rest of Europa well.

Apart from the kids coaster, tractors and (possible) return of the slides, what other attractions is the area supposed to be getting?