• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Ireland

How is this area actually lreland themed
It'll have an Irish pub and if they're anything like the ones in Berlin, Hamburg & Munich, they'll be full of bad stereotypes, expensive Guinness and not one member of staff who has ever been to Ireland =)

Are sheep a massively Irish thing? I think they need a father ted ride like from the programme, Bench2 the ride:). How about a
Guinness spinning ride, lepracorns and rainbows rollorcoaster or leoracornlepracorns scare attraction.

I'm taking the mick a bit but genuinely
How is this area actually lreland themed

It looks very Irish to me. The countryside, the fishing port. The slides building is like a monastery with a round tower.
The bit I like the most is the building which houses the rocking tug. It's exterior and interior is themed to the Harland and Wolff shipyard famous for building Titanic (the concept art even shows the a drawing of Titanic above a window arch). Shows a good amount of thought and research went into it.
[I also love that my country Northern Ireland is included, the area isn't just the Republic of Ireland but the whole island. We're usually forgot about!]

Although I totally agree that a Father Ted bench ride and Leprechaun scare attraction is needed!!

Can't wait to get back out to Europa, the new area will be lovely to walk around especially with a Guinness. I was thinking about other things I would love Europa to have. I like the idea of a mirror maze/fun house done to Europas high standard. A Falcons fury type drop tower would be amazing as well. I think the area they really need to redevelop is adventure land, they could update the jungle cruise with something amazing

So EP are now saying Ireland will open in Summer 2016 rather than Spring 2016. Very disappointing to see this delayed like several other projects around Europe this year. It's not a first for EP either with Arthur suffering from significant delays.

It's no real surprise though, in all recent construction updates I have thought that the area looks a long way off completion. It is hard to place a reason on why this is delayed without knowing many more details but I put it down to a simple case of not starting early enough. The area was just a flat piece of land when I visited over New Year and it seemed to take them a while to get any real construction going. A pity if that is the reason as it's the most unacceptable reason for a delay in my eyes.

:)

For Arthur , the delay was that the coaster was too complicated .

In Ireland , the park may not build every day , unfortunately .
Thus, the delay has a different reason.

I think time keeping has gone to sh*t in every Theme Park around the world over the last two years,

Europa Park - Arthur was late.
Phantasialand - Chiapas was late.
Alton Towers - The Smiler was late.
PortAventura - Ferrari Land is late.
Shanghai Disneyland - is late.
Animal Kingdom - Avatar is late.
Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train is late.
Europa Park - Ireland is now late.

There's probably more but I've forgot.

Original opening dates have gone way out of the window.

Unrealistic opening times when using new technology, new park (Gerstlauer) etc! does not work with timescales. But with Ireland at EP they just seemed tardy on starting. Apart from demolition no vertical construction by new year. Not good.

It's an after hours, separately ticketed event. I kinda like that they're doing it, even though it doesn't interest me personally, I think it's good they're putting on an event aimed at adults. Especially considering that there's no nearby things for adults to do if they're staying on resort.

Plus, you know, all hail Europa etc.

Looks a little like Mystique, the old Pleasure Beach show. Bizarre. Thanks, but no thanks.

Europa-Park like to go 18+ occasionally. Anyone who has seen the Horror Nights Ice Show in 2014 or 2015 will know what I am talking about...!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in here but I don't recall seeing it before. According to RCDB the new kids coaster in Ireland is going to be called "Ba-a-a-Express".

I'm really not too sure what to make of that!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in here but I don't recall seeing it before. According to RCDB the new kids coaster in Ireland is going to be called "Ba-a-a-Express".

I'm really not too sure what to make of that!

The name was released a little while back!

Either way, EPFans have some awesome new shots of Ireland. The area is huge and has some really big buildings!!!

:D