• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Theme Park Developments

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Make of this what you will and believe me or not but this is what I heard and have no reason to lie, also they did mention that some of them have worked on rides at thorpe and alton towers before so if I was to see a picture of any of these men I'd be able to point them out.

Well this is Fred Grubb, owner of RMC

50a6825ef0dca.preview-300.jpg

Here is Alan Schilke, designer of some of their rides

goliath-alan-schilke-interview-h-1024x576.jpg

Any of those guys match @tomg2992 ??

In all seriousness if the long rumoured cross valley is a RMC, I would welcome it and maybe I would grow to love it, but after just riding the Iron Rattler, I really don't know why these rides are so high up in peoples rankings.

By the way, the pictures, were just general google image searches grabbed off the net.

I don't browse the 'other' forum so haven't seen the 'infamous' post.

I'm not arguing the legitimacy of what has been heard. I agree with all that.

I don't, I paid a visit when everyone was going on about it. I think some of it's mentioned earlier on in this topic.

Here we go... found it for you:

Startling similar descriptions, no?

Hey everybody. Over at TowersTimes, a guy named Karnan is claiming to have a LOT of information, but cant back any of it up. Don't shoot the messenger, this is just what he has said-

In 2017, Alton Towers will receive an RMC launched wooden topper-track coaster. This coaster will feature an inclined launch (LSM) up a hillside to a top speed around 80 kph. It will feature a high-speed in-line-twist, a zero-g-roll, and a wave turn (similar to Outlaw Run) over the station. I have not heard anything about the supposed location of the coaster in the park or any theme/name.

I've said pretty much all I can remember. I didn't get many specific dimensions, as they weren't on the images I saw. Again, these drawings also did not have a park location or theme/name with them. They were merely titled, "Alton Towers 2017 launched wooden coaster" or something to that extent.
This is what I can confirm from memory:
-Station at the bottom of a hillside.
-Left hand turn out of the station.
-Heavily inclined launch up hill
-Airtime hill down maybe 7m to top of hill
-Speed up to maybe 80 kph
-Straight into in-line-twist
-Flat turn around (to the left)
-Airtime bump
-Zero-G roll down the hillside (under the lift)
-Wave turn over the station.
The rest I don't remember for sure, it made pretty much one larger loop without going up the hillside again, possibly one more inversion. I only saw these two images for a minute or so (one being a No Limits rendering that RMC made themselves, the other an AutoCAD drawing).

Now- take this all with a large inch of salt. A few of us believe that Karnan could potentially be Alton Towers posting themselves under an alias, we aren't sure. Obviously Karnan is a German park, so in theory bears no resemblance to AT in any way, but who knows? Just curious for your thoughts. If you want, there's a link below so you can see for yourselves
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31149&start=2060

Launch, inversions, cross valley etc, hybrid etc etc. Someone's seen the drawings... blah blah.

Is a launched wooden coaster even physically possible? Not that this has any bearing on how ridiculous this whole discussion is...

Forces from a launch aren't a problem, they're no different to what structures of every other wooden coaster in history has had to face.

Problem is, wooden coasters shift a lot due to the material they're built from and a launch using fins would require a strengthened section of track, otherwise the fins might miss or collide with the gap they need to fit between.

An RMC with topper track (not the I-Box coasters, they're hybrids) has the benefit of a greater amount of steel used in the structure to allow them to perform their steel coaster-esque elements anyway, as well as on the top of the wooden rails having a thicker layer of steel to the more "traditional" options out there.

If any manufacturer can pull a wooden coaster off it'd be RMC. A tire-driven launch might be a lot easier for other manufacturers though.

Oh, and there's nothing stopping the launch section from being all-steel anyway, so long as the rest of the coaster is wood!

You know how when we get together, we have geeky conversations about rides? How many times have we sat in a bar / eatery at a park and said "What this place really needs is a..." then given a five minute outline of an amazing sounding ride?

Now imagine you are a member of the public overhearing all this. We seem to know what we are talking about, right? We drop enough technical terms and company names in conversation that a non-enthusiast could easily be forgiven for thinking we are planning a new ride.

For all we know, these mysterious gentlemen were just a couple of fellow geeks putting the world to rights over a meal. ;)

Hello people, I didn't realize there was another popular Alton Towers forum, but I guess some of you already know who I am. I have known a few things about SW8 for about 2 months now. I have a friend who works high up at AT and let me see some plans. These plans were bird's eye view of a 3D computer modeling program. On the top of these plans, there were a number of stats and I wrote down everything I could. I could not take a picture and I know that lowers my credibility. But I was so excited that I felt like I should tell people that would be even more excited than me! (I live so far away in Germany).

This is what I saw on those plans:

Alton Towers 2017
Rocky Mountain Construction
Max Height: 20 m
(I believe this means from lowest to highest point, not highest section of the structure)
Launch Velocity: 68 kmph
Launch Angle: 20 degrees
Max Velocity: 80 kmph (I am not sure what part of the layout this speed is reached, possibly following the first drop from the launch?)
Total Length: 885 m
Inversions: 2
"Barrel Roll"
"Zero G Roll"

Total Ride Time: 90 sec
Capacity: 1080 pph
Other interesting features:
Elements include: "Wave Turn" "120 degree Overbank" "S turns" "Corkscrew Float" (twisty airtime hill, doesn't invert)
2 tunnels underneath pathways. (One after the wave turn and near the station, the other further along the layout on the other side of the station.)
14 moments of airtime.
The launch is situated so it travels up a hillside.

Note - What I saw said nothing about park placement or theming, only a 3D layout, very similar to No Limits, with a basic 3D terraform for the landscape.

I heard somebody else on this forum heard something that mirrors my claim, and I wanted to come in here to mention how exact the two tellings seem to be. "a camel hump into a corkscrew" is exactly what the drawing had (except more of a barrel roll than a corkscrew).

Sorry for this very early post, I hope everyone has a good morning!

Hello people, I didn't realize there was another popular Alton Towers forum, but I guess some of you already know who I am. I have known a few things about SW8 for about 2 months now. I have a friend who works high up at AT and let me see some plans. These plans were bird's eye view of a 3D computer modeling program. On the top of these plans, there were a number of stats and I wrote down everything I could. I could not take a picture and I know that lowers my credibility. But I was so excited that I felt like I should tell people that would be even more excited than me! (I live so far away in Germany).

This is what I saw on those plans:

Alton Towers 2017
Rocky Mountain Construction
Max Height: 20 m
(I believe this means from lowest to highest point, not highest section of the structure)
Launch Velocity: 68 kmph
Launch Angle: 20 degrees
Max Velocity: 80 kmph
(I am not sure what part of the layout this speed is reached, possibly following the first drop from the launch?)
Total Length: 885 m
Inversions: 2
"Barrel Roll"
"Zero G Roll"
Total Ride Time: 90 sec
Capacity: 1080 pph

Other interesting features:
Elements include: "Wave Turn" "120 degree Overbank" "S turns" "Corkscrew Float" (twisty airtime hill, doesn't invert)
2 tunnels underneath pathways. (One after the wave turn and near the station, the other further along the layout on the other side of the station.)
14 moments of airtime.
The launch is situated so it travels up a hillside.

Note - What I saw said nothing about park placement or theming, only a 3D layout, very similar to No Limits, with a basic 3D terraform for the landscape.

I heard somebody else on this forum heard something that mirrors my claim, and I wanted to come in here to mention how exact the two tellings seem to be. "a camel hump into a corkscrew" is exactly what the drawing had (except more of a barrel roll than a corkscrew).

Sorry for this very early post, I hope everyone has a good morning!

I so want to believe you. Alas, I can't.

So those of you who are certain the layout will differ. Your wrong. The washing machine element exists. For certain. Im making this post only as a reference point for when all is revealed then you may learn that you can never be really sure about anything.

I so want to believe you. Alas, I can't.

No worries, mate. It's honestly weird being on this side of a rumor, because I know I would share your same view if I were in your position. All I can say is I am excited for the moment in the future when you'll share the same certainty I have! Good day!

It's remarkable just how many people come forwards seemingly knowing plans at such an early stage in each project, courtesy of knowing the people of the power etc and have been 'shown' top secret plans just like that.

I myself am thankful to have been in such a position in 2007, when Flamingo Land were working on their 'next big thing'. Having established a very high up the tree contact, I was shown an accurate top down plan (that looked somewhat like it had been drawn with a crayon, but I skipped over this fact because it must be true) of a 256ft tall B&M hyper.

Thus. Mumbo Jumbo was born.

I've only actually heard RMC mentioned for Thorpe, not Alton Towers. I'd like to believe but as has already been mentioned, people go around posting things like this all the time, it's nothing. personal. :)

To me, and RMC would better suit AT as they're much quieter and are capable of performing all sorts of unique maneuvers (unique being key to an SW). Thorpe, being less of a theme park and more a mish-mash of themed and unthemed rides, is closer to an amusement park, imo. To me, a GCI would suit them more as they have more height to play with, as well as better constraints for noise.

But, tbh, Merlin will be late to the game with a wooden coaster now anyway, what with Tayto Park already building one. I've also heard that Flamingo Land are looking at them again (most likely one like Storybook Land's in the US).

California? It's Robb Alvey using a fake account to try and troll us all. Hahaha!

I joke, it's probably not him. Either way I don't believe the information being presented here.

So you're telling me that you couldn't take a picture, even though you almost certainly had a phone on you? And are you also telling me that you had the time to write all that down, despite presumably under the careful, watching eye of the friend who works "high up at AT" who doesn't want to release secrets and potentially risk getting in trouble with his manager?

California? It's Robb Alvey using a fake account to try and troll us all. Hahaha!

I joke, it's probably not him. Either way I don't believe the information being presented here.

Nah, he lives in Florida now (I think)! :p

Clearly a load of bollocks, especially as Scott points out that the IP is from California. Also Karnan said on the other forum that he/she did now have photos and anyone who was passing through Hamburg was free to call in and see them. But now he/she has no photos. All adds up doesn't it!

:)

Last edited:
If anyone can do a launched wooden coaster, it'll be RMC. I can't imagine it'd be a very strong launch like an Intamin, but it could be done, if it's supported well enough.

It could be done, but it won't be opening at Alton Towers in 15 months time.

Damn, I thought he was still in California. :p

Plus in reality those who have such heavy information keep quiet and stay loyal to those who are working on these projects. People who are 'in the know' are people that are trusted and people who won't go around telling everyone else about it. The minute anyone shares nitty gritty details about something like this it usually means you're making it all up or you're an idiot for sharing secret information given to you and you probably won't hear any details of future projects/developments ever again.

OMG! They have painted the Nemesis green on the new TV advert.

I think this is for the 21st and that all the seats are rear facing. What are your thoughts?

Yes I'm having a laugh.

Your all wrong, the new coaster will be a sixteen looping inverted wooden coaster with the highest drop for a wooden coaster in the world, it will have a launch section up the hill into a loop which feeds into the drop into the valley, it will then do multiple loops and corkscrews to the other side of the valley, where it will turn around via a corkscrew to drop back into the valley and then have airtime hills before a final loop into the station.

Lives in Germany, IP address based in California... The plot thickens...
I am traveling in California for work. Good to know creeps on here track IP addresses though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.