• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Theme Park Developments

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have hear the new coaster will be on the site of spinball, and will be linked to BBC area. It will be aimed at the CBBC to adults. Themed as Doctor who and using time lord technology.
You get on the ride and go though the doors of the Tardis. and go though different adventures of doctor who. the ride will last 30 mins and run at 3900 pph. and exit the other side of the tardis. the rides footprint is smaller than spinball, due to the fact that that transdimemsional engineering make its possible Dimensional transcendentalism ( make the inside bigger). This also has the affect of cutting the sound emitted so the local don't have noise issues with it.

(and if you believe that, you will believe anything)

I am traveling in California for work. Good to know creeps on here track IP addresses though...
Creeps?

A feature available on any forum software for team members allows IPs for any post to be checked. IP addresses are logged with every website you ever visit. The point of the feature is to control spam, check for double members and so on. Nobody was inadvertently tracking you :)

I am traveling in California for work. Good to know creeps on here track IP addresses though...

Guys a main mod. Says in the T&Cs details are monitored, just good forum practice. Not like he's some random guy just tracking.

Fact is your story has changed between the two forums, I've been watching it evolve, I don't like any kind of trolls or wums (wind up merchants) I think you just waste peoples time. Time's a valuable commodity.

You may be genuine. I highly doubt it. There's a fair few people on here who've worked in high profile roles, or with high profile individuals across many different industries, we know the kind of guff that is spouted by people pretending to "know".

On the other forum, you suggested that he was worried he'd got into trouble, but then a little while later you come and post in here? You can't be very concerned about your friend given the fact there's people rather close to Towers in this forum.

What a mate you are! There wont be too many who know the plans, so you can rest assured you've now dropped him the craphole, and I'm sure he'll thank you for it.

There wont be many that know THAT level of detail. I'm confident if you're speaking the truth that I could track down who it is from what you've said.

It's also customary as anyone in this forum knows, to put any "information" in "spoilers" for a secret weapon thread. So if it is true, and they didn't want to leak it, you've also just completely obliterated that.

You're not endearing yourself to people on here. I was an expert at that, most will tell you I divide opinion, but I speak my mind and the one thing I value most about this forum is it's honesty, integrity, and community, and I will probably not be thanked for it but posts like this devalue it hugely.

It's not that kind of place. If you're genuine, you'll sit back and consider those points, recognise the quality of this forum, and enter into the spirit of it in general.

I am not a mod incidentally, just someone with a track record on here of speaking as I find.

Apologies to you Karnan if you are indeed genuine, but if you are, again I'd ask that you don't spoil it for those who do not wish to know full details by using a customary "spoiler" box so we are free to enjoy speculation not full detailing.

I think we all know how secretive Towers is over Secret Weapons. The clue is in the name. Anyone who was in a position to know something this early would have signed more NDAs than the rest of us put together have signed cheques. They certainly wouldn't let anyone else see any plans.

Now I politely suggest that we move on and stop feeding the trolls.

Funny thing is all of us saw the plans for SW7 and still didn't know what was going on.
They are getting better and better at disguising plans as they have to publish them for planning anyway.
So even if some plans were seen they were unlikely to be accurate anyway.

Funny thing is all of us saw the plans for SW7 and still didn't know what was going on.
They are getting better and better at disguising plans as they have to publish them for planning anyway.
So even if some plans were seen they were unlikely to be accurate anyway.

Yes it's true, there's not been a hint anywhere of planning applications going in which would scupper a potential design. I can't imagine they'd go into such huge detail before knowing it would be accepted anyway.

That was pretty clever by Candy and Wardley, hiding some of the 14 inversions so we didn't catch on! That still impresses me to this day, was a very simple yet effective way of hiding The Smiler's USP. :p

Since we've gathered that it's unlikely anyone would know the details of SW8 we may as well move on.

I wonder what they will be doing in 2016. I thought it would be the year of a new dark ride (in Duel or CATCF warehouses), but Thorpe is getting a new dark ride, so would Merlin really have two parks with new dark ride attractions? Unlikely.

Rumours suggest 2016 could yet again be another family year, I end up back at the dark ride idea, not too sure what else they could do, Spinball removal and another expansion of CBeebies Land? I doubt they would have three years of CBeebies Land developments, seem overkill. Cloud Cuckoo Land retheme? Probably not going to happen. New family attraction in CCL (old Nick building)? Coaster Corner used? Other type of attraction, new theatre? There are a few options they have when it comes to family attraction developments although I'm not sure where Merlin/Alton stand on those side of things.

New flat rides? For me I think this is the most logical step ahead. It can be a quieter season and flat rides are pretty cheap. But then Merlin still seem reluctant to invest in flat rides, as they have no USP to ultimately push numbers up. Then again I believe we could get the rare surprise from Merlin.

2016 certainly seems set to be a quiet year for the theme park. There are a number of things they could do. It will be interesting to see if they develop anything and what exactly they develop. I think there are a number of options we could ponder on for the time being.

A flat and perhaps an addition to the Enchanted Village? That would suffice for me if they were installing a big budget coaster the following year.

One thing I would say, if it's going to be big, rumours will start rising soon. THORPE already have their planning permitted for the dark ride, it signals the end of the MTDP, and therefore will move into a new cycle which should give some clues as to where they want to the take the park in future.

So once again, IF they're planning a major coaster, especially something as intense a cross valley - which let's face it is the only logical place to put one, it's the one been mooted for longest, then unless they've learned nothing from The Smiler, then we'll start seeing things moving.

Unfortunately though I do think it will be 2017, and whilst many are in favour, I am not of the 5 year major development cycle.

unless they've learned nothing from The Smiler, then we'll start seeing things moving.
Back at TT@10, they assured us they had learned from the mistakes of Sub Terra, and that the next project (still unknown to us then) would be ready on time.

... Don't hold your breath.

They did learn (kinda) from Sub-Terra. Things were moving and they would have gotten somewhere if they didn't come into problems with the original SW7 plans. I think the biggest mistake they made was rushing The Smiler's plans. The minute they came into problems with the development of the original/real SW7 they should have pushed back The Smiler's plans to 2014. Instead they created a rushed layout (good job by Candy and Wardley though, they did brilliantly with such a small area), rushed concept, rushed surveys of the area and ground (*cough*) etc.. it was a disaster waiting to happen.

As long as all goes smoothly SW8 should be delivered on time. The new 4 year gap will help them as it allows for any unforeseen issues that may arise, like those that happened with SW7.

Generally though all Merlin projects have seemed rushed, even the smaller ones. They need better planning.

If Towers ever got a woodie it would be an RMC, and Towers do leak badly, it's just usually people are reluctant to leak plans on a forum.

Who knows

Reactions: Tom
I presumed Scott as a member of our fabulous and wonderful team checked the IP Address to see if there was anything genuine about this. So Karnan, what work do you do that involves living in Germany but travel to California?

Can we stay on topic please.

If someone wants to post a claim then that is fine, and doesn't require an in-depth assessment of their personal lives. It is also fine for people to critique the claims and scorn them if inclined but this is getting off topic and personal.

Thanks all

Bearing in mind that Merlin's development plans have changed to 4 year cycles, we won't be seeing any multi-million investments at Towers until 2017 for certain...

Ice age has been there a while and I am sure it had a fixed contract. So I think we will see something small like that being re-done for 2016 and the developement for 2017 starting to keep the junkies keen.

I have been browsing the Alton Towers website, and when I came across the TowersTastic competition page, where the prize for winning the competition states:

Alton Towers said:
The chosen Superfan will win some fantastical prizes including the chance to write or video the first ever piece for our brand new blog. You will interview the creators of your favourite rides ‘Merlin’s Magic Making’. You’ll also be the first guest to experience and blog about our exciting 2016 news! Not only that, you will be the first person ever to receive our exclusive, money can’t buy ‘Fastrack For Life’ card!

As this was published post-Smiler accident, does it mean that we should expect something major to happen next year, or is this just referring to the Air shop developments?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.