• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It just reminds me of Alien Encounter what used to be at Disney, granted a tame version. But I just think it's a fun ride.

I like it. I think for me though (being scared of falling) it is thrilling. For me there is an element of fear that i don't get on most other rides. But i know that having one specific phobia makes me the exception. I think if it was a children's ride it would be good

I think dark rides are scary full stop. Even though you know what's going to happen, it still has that element of surprise. And yes falling gets me going :)

I like Sub-Terra too, it's quite a nice little experience, although the rude staff (being 'in character') grates on me so I rarely go on it sadly.

It's strange we've seen no investments in flat rides by Merlin (for thrill seekers that is). There's plenty of flats out there that would suit Towers. They don't cost too much either so it's easy enough to buy one here and there during the low-medium investment years.

I was starting to notice the huge clearance of trees next to Sub-Terra, could it just be for the Forbidden Valley scare zone or maybe an addition to go with SW8?

The only thing it soaks up is the budget required to operate it, and land that could have been put to better use.

If they were to bring back dynamo, they could just turn their signs back around ;)

EDIT: I'm referring to the dynamo sign in katanga canyon.

Personaly I think dynamo didn't look that good. Having ridern rides which are kinda similar at travelling fairs, I wasn't a fan and I prefer other flats like top scans.

There has never been a Breakdance at a UK fair. They are, however, very common in Europe, where they are without doubt the most popular, and in my opinion, one of the best flats ever made.

What do you think of the Hex dark ride? It seems to be always quiet even on a busy day. I don't think it has very good repeatability. Once you've experienced it, theres not really any thrill or variation to get you to go back for more. Surely it must be under consideration for changing.

I don't think they would consider closing hex. It is in a very unique location, very few, if not no other rides could fill the space as the majority of the ride is inside the actual towers, with only the vault that isn't the original building. The application for hex back in 1999 stated that if hex was to be closed, the fact that it is connected to a grade II listed building would mean that all traces of the ride would have to be removed. I think that if the queues became too short, instead of closing the it, they would shorten the pre ride videos as it may put some people off re-riding. That said though, i always notice new things every time i go on hex, small details i didn't see the last time. My visit isn't complete without hex. I would say it is possibly my favourite dark ride and has the best (even if not completely original) storyline it any AT ride

I agree it is very unique, but it no longer draws in a crowd. The external vault could definitely be replaced with some new dark ride technology or simulator.

I agree it is very unique, but it no longer draws in a crowd. The external vault could definitely be replaced with some new dark ride technology or simulator.
I don't think the ride technology needs to be updated. Alot of the times your in there people are having first rides and they all sound like there enjoying it.

I've always found Hex has a pretty decent turnout of guests. It's got at least a good 5 years left in it till any changes need to be made.

The only thing I find is that guests these days get more fed up of the build up/story, they could do with restoring some effects in the octagon room and perhaps adding new ones to give it some more life.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.