• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Possibly one of the largest dodged bullets in the history of the park was the non-occurrence of the Katanga standup. Just behind the Arrow pipeline.

B&M standups are some of the most vile coasters in existence, it's hard to believe they actually thought they were a good idea in the first place.

Possibly one of the largest dodged bullets in the history of the park was the non-occurrence of the Katanga standup. Just behind the Arrow pipeline.

B&M standups are some of the most vile coasters in existence, it's hard to believe they actually thought they were a good idea in the first place.
Your probably right but if there was any sort of plans it could end up happening in the most rushed fashion

I cant exactly remember but it was a drop coaster in Katanga Canyon (maybe free fall) but was rejected as it never had an USP John Wardley said it in an interview. Id imagine there may be some basic plans so if the cross valley fails planning there could still be plans resulting in a slightly less rushed coaster than the smiler.

Free fall, drop coaster? Like thirteen?

It may be in this Q+A it was mentioned. It is mentioned just checked the description.

So why was the idea put forward John isn't that daft maybe it would have had an interesting track layout post drop but Katanga Canyon could really do with a coaster though only area of the park which doesn't have one bar Mutiny Bay.

So why was the idea put forward John isn't that daft maybe it would have had an interesting track layout post drop but Katanga Canyon could really do with a coaster though only area of the park which doesn't have one bar Mutiny Bay.

Runaway Mine Train?

As great as Wardley is lets not forget that it's not just him sat in a room on his own making these ideas. There's a lot of other people involved throughout the stages of planning a SW. They go through loads of ideas of all sorts of coasters before going ahead with something.

I'm glad the stand up never happened though.

Its just a bit strange that someone thought a stand up Oblivion was a good idea.

I'm not sure it was a dive machine, I think if I remember rightly.... It was a stand up with a big drop! How shit

To be honest Towers first choice would probably be a woodie in any form as there is quite a few new ones being build and without soon Towers and the UK will start falling behind.

Went for the first time this year on Tuesday and can't believe how different the woodland areas look after the tree removals (Forbidden Valley/Dark). Even if the new ride doesn't go across the valley there is now some good space for large developments at both ends. I'm definitely hoping for the cross valley but I can't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.