• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
A woodie on the flume site with tunnels/troughs would allow enough height for a decent fast ride especially if the second half hugged the terrain. What height can they build to in this area, 80ft'ish? I know it's a long shot but ever since the cross valley plans were released (and shelved) I've always believed that one day Alton would invest in wood. Add to the mix a launch or two and we could have an amazing ride experience, I'm crossing everything for this to happen.

I must say though I've got bored of steel and inversions, I'm craving a different coaster experience, lets have something original and unique please Alton Towers with no gimmicks.

This was posted on TowersTimes from the talk they had at their spring meet.
15f29kw.png

This was posted on TowersTimes from the talk they had at their spring meet.
15f29kw.png
well, that explains why the fume got closed, then. it must be pretty big and major, considering they've started mentioning it two years before it's due to open.

It's so disappointing that the first choice will not go ahead due to costs. I know they have to stick to a budget but it's not as if they won't rake it back.

So already from the get go we have their second choice.

Unless it's the exact same ride just in a different location that is. But doesn't sound that way.

If it is indeed a coaster hopefully wood, I would like to see interaction with the flume lake. A drop and turn over the lake or a splash down passing through a ship wreck.
I would love to see the ride area be built to look like a 1600-1700s dock side, wharfs board walks etc. With the queue and ride interacting with it. As an interactive part of the theming, they could have fake cannon splashes in the lake.

To me, "New concept" says either wood or water coaster (though knowing towers, it could mean absolutely anything). Exciting developments in 2018 I think, and with luck, we won't get a gimmicky world first /world record.

And as others have said, it would be great if it was incorperated into mutiny bay (or katana canyon, actually, a water/ wood coaster would fit in nicely there) as its an area with good potential for theming. Let's just hope they attempt to theme it this time though, as It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we had another smiler (great coaster, great concept, poor theming).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.