• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
A "new concept" that's a very broad statement indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one SW8 plan for Flume's site. It's just a shame the original plan couldn't have been made a reality - but I think SW8 will be the perfect time to step away from the rollercoasters for a few years.

Last edited:
I'm sure that they had a few plans in mind. But if they are looking at a 2018 opening they would have decided on what they are going to do.
They have said that it can take Up to three years to plan a new coaster.
SW8 as we know it now is probably their second choice from their previous plans they may of had in place.
It's what Disney call "blue sky" ideas that get moved forward.

With the problems RMC are having with lightning rod's launch, I can't see them offering a launch as standard yet. I also can't see any other wooden manufacturer offering a launch, so it looks more likely it might just be a "plain" coaster this time?

Lightning rod is a prototype and these issues happen. Look at Air, X (sic flags) etc. I hope RMC sort these issues out and we see more launched woodies. I do agree with Dar that we may see a standard lift coaster, but again I would love to see a launched woodie.

I don't know why everyone is guessing, we all know what its going to be.

It's going to be worlds first Woodie with a washing machine element.

The prototype has leaked :p
en_washing-machine.jpg

The last thing Alton needs is another roller coaster. Gimme some water!

Or a wood coaster, I guess - but they do have to fill the gaps in their product sometime.

How would people feel about a Heide-style Mayan Village/Land der Vergessenen style area with a nice collection of flats and a great wood coaster?

Alton Towers have tweeted this response to someone asking for clues about SW8:

@TylerChris012 The clues started years ago, Tyler:

accompanied by this pic.

6087277186_dc50db6188_b.jpg

Pretty much confirms a B&M or Intamin ride.

Intanin woodie maybe??? I can't see it being a B&M. But who knows.

Towers could also be spinning a yarn. I can't see towers revealing anything to someone asking for clues. They will start when they are ready.

Isn't that the same joke they tried to wind enthusiasts up with a few years ago? They probably have no idea what they are going to build yet.
If Merlin's latest coaster is anything to go by, expect a traveling flume.

Welcome to TST! :)

Interesting find. Not sure what to make of the layout, and I'm surprised it doesn't seem to go very far into the wooded area. I can't seem to work out what the 'Smokehouse' is - at first glance, I thought it was Mexican Cantina, but I'm not 100% sure.

The layout seems too simple for stell hopeful of a woodie but could also be a water coaster.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.