• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: CBeebies Land Hotel

Well I'm definitely going to start staying here for a peaceful night when it opens.

I'm sure it'll do exceptionally well with young families though.

I can see why they're going for this, and it's a good idea. Although I don't like the idea of this being the ATH extension.

Got to laugh at the 'firsts' again. Guaranteed there will be a big emphasis on the WORLDS FIRST next year, give it up Towers, just say CBeebies Hotel and that will bring you guests.

Birmingham Mail have already asserted the world's first status for them. They've also stated the hotel will sit slap bang in CBeebies Land itself. Oops.

So if the kids are getting their own space does that mean we can have an adult area to escape them. Even just a bar, but somewhere.
I doubt there will be an adult area. I think there will be an emphasis on this hotel being families and young children. Hopefully this hotels entertainment will draw families from the other hotels, meaning ATH and splash are quieter.

I dont really care for the new hotel, and i'm extremely disappointed where they are building it. The gardens out the rear of ATH were the highlight of many of trip in the summer with the sun beaming down over the lake with a nice cold pint. Now its going to a square courtyard of shade with another hotel looming over it. Ruddy awful decision, motivated by greed once again.

Hate to say it, but i'm really starting to despise Alton.

On the flipside, this hopefully means there'll be no more screaming children running amok at 11:00pm in ATH or even Splash.

Bit nitpicky, but Is there any point in adding land in the title? "Cbeebies Hotel" on its own sounds fine.

I think it's a decent idea, but I hope they don't cover the exterior of the extension with Cbeebies characters as it would so out of place.

There are two things that don't make any sense to me about this project.

1: The Name. CBeebies Hotel or something similar would suffice, having 'Land' in the tittle suggests that its in or near CBeebies Land which obviously isn't the case, which brings me onto my next point:

2: The Location: Yes, we've known about the ATH extension for a while now, although we've always presumed it would be a Spa hotel with it well, being built onto the Spa, which made sense in that respect. But why on earth would you build a childs hotel smack bang next to an adult spa / adult themed hotel? They're not short on space at that end of the Resort, surely it would have been better to build it next to Splash Landings / Extraordinary Golf (You know,the kids themed hotel and crazy golf? :rolleyes:) making it easier for families to access the Park, Waterpark and Golf?

The "land" in the title sounds ridiculous. It's like they're trying to create a brand separate to cbeebies itself, but in reality ending up with an odd name for the hotel. It might be acceptable if the hotel was in cbeebies land, but it's not even in the park.

Yet more hotel accommodation? Why don't Merlin forget about theme parks and just go into the hotel industry if that's where their priorities are.

In any case, they need to sort the park out if they intend to fill these hotels.

This is only going to create more confusion amongst idiot parents (like many people I work with) who think anything ending with the suffix "-land" is it's own, independent theme park.

In all fairness, with Merlin's marketing it's probably made out to be a separate Park. It wouldn't surprise me.

Disneyland Hotel is next to Disneyland Park.
Hotel PortAventura is next to PortAventura Park.
CBeebies Land Hotel however is no where near CBeebies Land. CBeebies Hotel would suffice.

They could have built it on Towers Street. Made a new grand entrance like Disney paris (I use grand loosely as we are talking about Merlin) and this could have given direct access to cBeebies land.

I'm thinking the 'land' bit in the Hotel name is done purposely to either lower the IP cost or because just using the name cBeebies Hotel implies that it's the official hotel of cBeebies which could potentially land complaints at the beebs door when people realise it's a travelodge with posters stuck up on the walls :p

The name hardly makes much difference. I'm more concerned that this hotel is being built around a single IP, and one which only targets families with pre-school children. Wouldn't it have been better to have themed it in keeping with ATH but have the majority of rooms as 'CBeebies' themed? That way they can be refreshed if/when the IP is removed.

Positives however - will ATH finally become a more relaxed and adult orientated hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2: The Location: Yes, we've known about the ATH extension for a while now, although we've always presumed it would be a Spa hotel with it well, being built onto the Spa, which made sense in that respect. But why on earth would you build a childs hotel smack bang next to an adult spa / adult themed hotel? They're not short on space at that end of the Resort, surely it would have been better to build it next to Splash Landings / Extraordinary Golf (You know,the kids themed hotel and crazy golf? :rolleyes:) making it easier for families to access the Park, Waterpark and Golf?

Probably because they've had planning permission for a hotel expansion on this site since 2006 (although changes were subsequently made to this resulting in a new application being submitted last year). They have long had plans for something to be built here and knew it would be a site that they would be able to get planning permission for.

I do agree with you though. Ever since this was first planning back in the mid-00s the impression was that this would be a higher end hotel comprising of suites. Then they decided to incorporate it with a spa expansion and it appeared that this could well be some form of spa hotel, once again slightly more higher end. However it appears that with CBeebies Land and current Merlin strategy that they decided an IP themed kids hotel was the best approach so re-worked the plans. I can see why they have done this and I think it will do well for them but I much prefered the idea of a spa expansion and hotel.

:)