• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: CBeebies Land Hotel

2018 is when Varney expects visitor numbers to no longer be affected by the crash.
Correct - but it's also very clear via investor relations, or when you visit the park that certain areas of the market are affected more than others, with the school & thrill markets hurting the most and the pre-school/CBeebies market hurting the least.

This might help visitor numbers pick up, but unless there is a big advertising campaign for the hotel and/or new attraction in Ceebebies land I doubt numbers will recover until sw8 opens. If not further down the line. There hasn't been a dramatic increase this year, but I'm hoping its picking up bit by bit!

Think it's safe to say but I think 2018 with SW8 is not the year when the park expect pre-Smiler accident numbers again.

Whilst numbers have certainly been up this year, I doubt it will get much higher than 2 million and will remain behind Lego and maybe even Thorpe (depending how successful DBGT is). But we shall see.

^ Don't get too wrapped up in attendance being an indication of profitability, the two things don't always go hand in hand. See Disneyland Paris, or Six Flags of the early 2000s.

I've heard a rumour the lake is going to be filled in at the rear of ATH, anyone know if there is any truth to this?

"The worlds first CBeebies land hotel" Is what is being used on the Alton Towers app...

The gimmicks are just getting stupid now

"The worlds first CBeebies land hotel" Is what is being used on the Alton Towers app...

The gimmicks are just getting stupid now
But it is the world's first CBeebies land hotel :rolleyes:

You're spending millions of pounds, you use everything in your arsenal to get it back, with more on top, as quickly as you can. That's business. Alton Towers is a business.

But it is the world's first CBeebies land hotel :rolleyes:

You're spending millions of pounds, you use everything in your arsenal to get it back, with more on top, as quickly as you can. That's business. Alton Towers is a business.

I agree with your point totally. However, in this instance it just seems a bit funny. I mean, when is there ever going to be a second CBeebies Land hotel? "World's only" would have been more effective here.

But yes, they may be gimmicky, but adding tags like "World's First" before an attraction does help sell said attraction to the general public. Enthusiasts may find them tacky, but they do work.

I totally agree with you both, if that's what works and boosts profit I'm all for it. But it does make me giggle!

At least it's not as bad as "the world's first rollercoaster fully dedicated to virtual reality"
omgno_zpsihzue6eh.png

I do wonder how many families would be enticed by "world's first" however, it's an IP, CBeebies, surly that's the main selling point here, what the actual IP is rather than the fact it's a "world's first". But hey ho.

I really hope it works out, purely so there's less little kids running round the ship doing my head in.

Also not forgetting those little kids running down the corridors of the other Hotels and throwing a tantrum in the room next door after lights out :rolleyes:

So you can now book for stayin here .. prices are around £120 more than ATH
Family 2 adult 1 kid £312
Or £192 for ATH ...

Worth it ? Hmmm

I'm sure that seeing the looks on those little kids face when they get to stay at the all CBebbies Hotel will be priceless ;)

Has anyone tried to book the Splash landings hotel for next year? I've notice that the Splash landings hotel is coming up as unavailable on all the dates, it there something more significant in this or is it just another one of they haven't decided on the dates yet :rolleyes: