• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: CBeebies Land Hotel

It would be a shame if we see this put on hold again. They've shelved the ATH extension so many times now I wish they'd just get on with it.

If they made this as a Spa Hotel then it will be its own product, so I think they'd go ahead with it. The Spa does pretty well.

The Spa really needs a big refresh and upgrade anyway, especially as this new extension means they are getting rid of the conservatory seating area. The changing rooms at the spa are mouldy and unfortunately it doesn't look like they are going to go ahead with the spa refurb.

But you are right, if they got the spa right they could push a lot of these rooms for spa breaks, particularly during the winter when the park is closed.

I'd be surprised if this was targeted anywhere towards spa guests.

From the plans that were uploaded it almost certainly looks like this will be aimed squarely at families and possibly younger children.

It's a shame the spa plans from last year didn't happen, they could have linked the new hotel and spa together and created a perfect adult only hotel, with a nice relaxing bar and restaurant.

Instead we may end up with this new hotel with the old spa stuck in between it and ATH with no where to ever expand!

Construction on this is now scheduled to begin in May 2016 (it was initially due to begin this month). I'd imagine a late 2017/early 2018 opening is on the cards.

:)

I think, or at least hope that we are missing something here. Gate figures are down following The Smiler incident and a lot of very unfair reporting and this is likely to improve only slowly in the short term.

Yet Merlin are making provision to accommodate an ever increasing number of guests in the medium term.

They clearly expect gate figures to increase over the next few seasons. The only thing that will achieve this is substantial investment in our beloved theme park and new genuine world class attractions.

I think Merlin have plans for some amazing attractions over the next few season's, and I think they are really keeping it close to their chest. This is the only way they will boost accommodation. Galactica is a mere filler attraction.

The accommodation plans and current theme park attendance don't add up. There is something waiting in the wings that we haven't seen yet.

Would love to see their secret plans.

Bookings must be down this year - the 35% sale was supposed to end at the end of January but looking at their website, they are extending it by doing 30% off.

Even so, prices are still too expensive. £301 for 2 nights for fireworks for 2 people B&B in ATH. No thanks.

Agreed, surely by lowering prices a full hotel based on 2 thirds of full price is better than being nearly empty?

Indeed, as people will spend money on food and drink, waterpark, spa etc.

But thats not the only point - they are trying to sell something which is old, worn and below standard compared to other offerings in the area, but for a premium price.

Living on past glory I feel

You have hit the nail on the head. Exactly. Which makes me question why the heck the are building all these new rooms rather than improve the theme park. Its the theme park people go there for , not primarily the hotels.

I would rather spend my hard earned £ on a Centre Parcs break than AT.

If they are looking to go into that market then I feel it wont go that well

I don't know if they're necessarily going into the short breaks market as something that is separate from the theme park - but it's certainly future proofing the resort side of things and adding extra capacity for any future theme park expansions.

It would in theory help with planning permission for any future major rides too as the extra capacity of hotel rooms will allow them to argue that traffic won't increase as more guests will stay over.

Equally as others have mentioned maybe they're beefing up the resort side before preparing for a future sell off of the theme parks.

CBeebies Land Hotel is now confirmed:

CoW4h6KUkAEr9FL.png

Makes me giggle that they are calling it the first ever CBeebies Land Hotel. Should be good for families with young children though, hopefully Margs will become more bearable earlier on in the evenings once this opens.

:)