• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ultimately, if you buy one then moan about Merlin i find that quite baffling.

To be fair, Fastrack is the only way to visit Thorpe or Chessington without wanting to top yourself.

I'd certainly never willingly give more than the cost of a holiday to Europa Park to Merlin in one go.

Now, i think we may need to look at a separate topic if this goes on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ultimately, if you buy one then moan about Merlin i find that quite baffling.

To be fair, Fastrack is the only way to visit Thorpe or Chessington without wanting to top yourself.

I'd certainly never willingly give more than the cost of a holiday to Europa Park to Merlin in one go.

Now, i think we may need to look at a separate topic if this goes on.

On other news, has anyone seen figment working on Galatica recently?

Yes. They are working on it daily.

What does everyone think the best ride for airtime is at towers?

I can't chose which ride is best but I always really enjoy the second airtime hill on the smiler!

There's not really one.

Rita, 13, Oblivion nd Smiler all offer some.

Probably Rita's first hill and pop into the brake run?

What Towers needs to do is to get in touch with that Richard Michael Crosby bloke. ;)

Reactions: pj
Oblivion with the restraints a good 3 or 4 notches out. Just remember to pull yourself back into your seat at the bottom of the drop before the harnesses slam closed

Oblivion with the restraints a good 3 or 4 notches out. Just remember to pull yourself back into your seat at the bottom of the drop before the harnesses slam closed
For me strangely oblivion's restraints don't tend to click in snugly until after the lift hill.

For me strangely oblivion's restraints don't tend to click in snugly until after the lift hill.
You're in for a treat then - lean forward and puff your shoulders/chest out when you sit down & on the lift hill (or wedge your thumbs under the restraint.) The looser the better - as long as its clicked 3 or 4 times the system wont flag for an operator to check. It totally changes/improves the drop. I think this is what Poisson was referring to anyway... Like I said, you're in for a treat - the freefall feeling is immense.

You're in for a treat then - lean forward and puff your shoulders/chest out when you sit down & on the lift hill (or wedge your thumbs under the restraint.) The looser the better - as long as its clicked 3 or 4 times the system wont flag for an operator to check. It totally changes/improves the drop. I think this is what Poisson was referring to anyway... Like I said, you're in for a treat - the freefall feeling is immense.
Il have to try that next week.

Fairly good ops today. They resurrected Th13teen about noon.

The only thing yet to take guests seems to be Skyride, but it is testing. EDIT: it's open.

Hex taking a year out has seemingly done wonders for its popularity. It's a long time since I saw them consistently having full batches, even on the busiest of days.

First Trip of the 2017 season today. For a Bank Holiday it wasn't to busy (but still to busy for my liking lol) Only really had long waiting times on Thirteen and Spinball. Everything else was walk on or no longer than 20 mins.
Being Good Friday and not eating meat, made me sympathetic to Veterinarians and vegans as non meat offerings (warm food wise) there are pretty thin on the ground (in the main park area at least).
Still no VR on Galactica which I really missed if I am honest.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.