• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Towers were open even on opening weekend. But the only way in was by exit of Hex. You could get to the roof but not true highest part as this has now been boarded up shut. However on Friday it was fenced off and said no entry.

The lowest parts have been closed since they installed Sub species, which is a shame as these used to always be open when old TOTT layout was there.

I think half the towers is closed because
A) ents probably don't have the budget to have staff to remove and install all of Scarefest. (I mean if they can't even afford a couple of tragic patrol people how can they afford staff to do mazes.

B) management just aren't bothered and would rather not have the hassle of opening the towers

A few years ago the towers were open from March and then closed at the start of September. Last few years we are lucky if we get a month with them open, and even then it's only one or two parts.

A few years ago the towers were open from March and then closed at the start of September. Last few years we are lucky if we get a month with them open, and even then it's only one or two parts.

Yeah, unfortunately, this is indeed the way it has been for the last few years as DJ correctly says. It has usually been a case of 'get in there quick' before they close them for 'Scarefest Preparations'. Seems a bit early, and it wouldn't surprise me if they open again for a bit, but it never surprises me any more how early they get blocked off.

Plot twist.

I would probably hang around the Towers and show old pic's etc and inform people about the history of the place for a few days a month for minimum wage, just for the fun of it. Or volunteer occasionally. Or something in-between. Towers? Completed it mate!

Regarding exit gates, I think smiler's is done the correct way, a spring loaded latch, if the gate is opened it does a station stop, the train can't be sent if it is open. The only problem is the contacts could break (or brake) meaning the ride can't run.

What's wrong with a good old fashioned turnstyle? It works for many other parks.
Turnstiles in theory are good for ride exits, however my only experience of them from a RAP user's POV is on the blade where it obscures the operators view somewhat making exit queuing a pain.
I think turnstiles could be a good fit for Nemesis and 13 although but then they have the problem of wheelchair access.

Tbh let's have proper H+S, if you lob yourself into harm it is your fault (unless special needs are in play, that gate needs to be lockable)

Turnstiles in theory are good for ride exits, however my only experience of them from a RAP user's POV is on the blade where it obscures the operators view somewhat making exit queuing a pain.
I think turnstiles could be a good fit for Nemesis and 13 although but then they have the problem of wheelchair access.
I do like going through turnstiles, but the problem is that they only let one person through at a time, so exit platforms would take ages to empty, even with multiple turnstiles.

I heard that there is new merch' for the Big 6 Challenge this year. Is it the same design as a couple of years back, or is it new stuff? What's available?

It looks like galatica has been down most of the day today(based on twitter moanings). Could this be figment's doing?

It looks like galatica has been down most of the day today(based on twitter moanings). Could this be figment's doing?
It said on TS Facebook that it was the ride system down not the VR.
Has VR been added this weekend or it gone down without VR?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
The headsets have already been installed, They were there last week when I saw them and the pouches have a new strap.

Air's last day was the 14th, it briefly opened for about 10 minutes early on the 15th and has been shut since.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.