• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Those brutes scare me, my mom insists on bringing a phone charger with us everywhere...the issue? It looks exactly like a bomb!
If you think that's bad I carry bomb shaped battereies in my jacket each day, complete with suspicious wires and what from a distance looks like putty on the casing. Who knows what would happen if I accidentally left one of them in my pocket after clocking out for the day (which has almost happened).
I once caused a bomb scare because I left a tool belt on display while I was out of site repairing something. So glad they didn't look inside it!

Following our entrance fee discussion the other day

L1FBb57g.jpg

Problem with that article is it is based on, on the gate prices rather than using discounts or booking online.
That was the whole basis of the conversation a few pages back. Interestingly, they are comparing gate price to gate price - but that comparison is largely irrelevant if one is a price that the majority pay and the other is not.

The whole article is somewhat ridiculous (of course). I paid 37p for a pint of Tyskie in Poland a few weeks ago, I paid £3.60 for one in Manchester last night, that's just the way it goes.

For the past few years, a MAP has only been costing us £50 a year using Tesco Club card vouchers (and if you are disable, you will get a free disable carer MAP also in with the price) You can't get any cheaper than that :)

For once the Fail draw attention to something that's actually worth moaning about!

And regarding gate price, people DO pay it. Whenever workmates or friends mention going to parks, they always moan about the price, but are completely unaware of any offers. Yes, Merlin BOGOFs are everywhere, but how often do you actually LOOK AT the garish logos splattered over the confectionary you are eating? I ate a chocolate bar the other day that had some brightly coloured splat on the front and a code printed on the inside of the wrapper. Didn't even read what the offer was. For all I know I could have won a million quid. Straight in the bin with it.

Going back to the unmanned gates at the end of the day...not good really, anyone could leave a bag bomb on a timer in one of the bins.
At times of heightened security, all ways in and out should be monitored to a degree.

Things are always going to be attacked for price hikes, and merlin does deserve it abit. The dungeons are in my mind the biggest rip off of the lot. I live near york, and havent been in years. As i did the london one a few years ago. Always the same. They are gloryfied scare mazes.

If a lot of people go, wilfully pay £50+ at the gate and have a sucky time, say it's not worth it and that they are going to go to Drayton instead, or to the cinema 4 times each instead - there's something to discuss.

The fact that the park is charging that much isn't a story on its own.

If you don't like the price then don't pay it.

I can moan about how expensive Merlin parks are all day but if people keep paying it why should they change it? The problem is not with Merlin but our willingness to pay extortionate prices.

It's a case of supply and demand, if people are prepared to pay these prices, then why not charge those prices.

If the entrance prices were too cheap, then more people will turn up and the queues will be horrendous. Anything to put people off coming is a good thing by me ;)

When I was in business, I always put my prices up, yes I lost lots of work, but these were the years that I made the most money, not only due to the higher prices that I charge, but less customers also meant less outgoings, which equals bigger profit margins :)

Has something happened with the mine train? Seen them reply to someone who was asking about it being closed and them saying "we have no more information to give at this moment"

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.