• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Has the 2nd park entrance been used this year?(the one by Galactica)
I haven't seen it used since last year!

Ohh I should have put this in quick questions... Sorry.

We left the park by it on Thursday just after 5pm. Made me quite uneasy actually as it was unmanned, no staff near it at all. Anyone could walk in with whatever they wanted if you know what I mean. Security is a total joke at the park.

Austin Towers said:
Made me quite uneasy actually as it was unmanned, no staff near it at all. Anyone could walk in with whatever they wanted if you know what I mean. Security is a total joke at the park.

Are you talking about the big black gate by the Galatica Stargate portal thing?

We left the park by it on Thursday just after 5pm. Made me quite uneasy actually as it was unmanned, no staff near it at all. Anyone could walk in with whatever they wanted if you know what I mean. Security is a total joke at the park.

I think there are barriers or gates so if you enter via the gate next to Galactia the only things you can get to are Rollercoaster Restaurant and Galactica anyway. It's not really a worry at all.

I think there are barriers or gates so if you enter via the gate next to Galactia the only things you can get to are Rollercoaster Restaurant and Galactica anyway. It's not really a worry at all.

Unless he's talking about the other entrance (which I thought was closed permanently).

The big black gates beside the Galactica portal were wide open. There was nobody manning them and definately no barriers diverting people to the restaurant. This was shortly after 5pm and we left the park through these gates and walked the short distance to splash landings. There was nobody or nothing to prevent anyone entering the park.

Why is everyone so hung up if any one was going to attack the pattern is an attack on large crowds so the biggest risk I would imagine is when everyone is leaving at 6pm on a peak day outside monorail what precautions are taken there?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Why is everyone so hung up if any one was going to attack the pattern is an attack on large crowds so the biggest risk I would imagine is when everyone is leaving at 6pm on a peak day outside monorail what precautions are taken there?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
What..am i missing something? How did we go from an open gate to terror attacks?

What..am i missing something? How did we go from an open gate to terror attacks?

It's not just me confused then :rolleyes:

I remember a couple of months ago, while waiting at the turnstile entrance for the shutters to open, there were a young couple that came up to the gates from the inside asking how do they get to the ticket collection kiosk, they just simply entered the park via the open gates at Galactica and found themselves lost :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Yeah, those gates usually get opened around the time the park is due to close, during the day they are locked closed, although I have seen staff use the keypad to use them for access.

Security is a joke because they have bouncers doing it, not proper security staff, from 5 trips this year I've only been bag searched the once (each time I've been carrying a rucksack), and even then the fat obnoxious cretin subcontractor doing the search not only damaged the bag but also ripped out all my wife's medication and demanded to know what they were for, then threw the bag back at me across the table when he got told to mind his own business, all the while not bothering to search the other half, totally disgraceful behaviour and didn't even do his job properly.

Contrast that to security at Chessington who wouldn't stop apologising when he realised the bag contained medicine and looked like he was going to burst into tears, but still managed to search the bag thoroughly without damaging it or offending anybody.

The ironic thing is if he'd done his job properly he'd have found an electronic cigarette, a battery box, numerous cables, a DS2 and three phones in the bag, but he didn't, and didn't, prefering to shout at me like I was a disobedient 6 year old instead.

The big black gates beside the Galactica portal were wide open. There was nobody manning them and definately no barriers diverting people to the restaurant. This was shortly after 5pm and we left the park through these gates and walked the short distance to splash landings. There was nobody or nothing to prevent anyone entering the park.

Why does it matter if someone entered the park at the end of the day? All the rides are closed.

Certain groups of people like to cause trouble, for example climbing up rides as has happened in Blackpool recently. The park would get sued a large amount of money if the idiots fell off and died or injured themselves.

Certain groups of people like to cause trouble, for example climbing up rides as has happened in Blackpool recently. The park would get sued a large amount of money if the idiots fell off and died or injured themselves.

If someone really wants to climb a rollercoaster structure, climbing a fence first won't stop them. Therefore an open exit gate won't make any difference at all.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.