• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Could anyone who was at the park over the weekend confirm whether or not the Rapids were open after dusk? I'm hoping that they were but knowing H&S at present assuming that they were not.

:)

To survive the lack of scarefest reviews yet, I looked on trip advisor (I know!)
I was surprised at the amount of people complaining about the "theming" on the monorail windows making it hard to see out of, I haven't seen people complaining about that until now (non enthusiasts anyway) so, do you think anything could come of it?

Rob...the rapids were closed on ridetimes around dusk.
I wasn't there...I'm just a saddo making plans for next year!

As I suspected. Such a shame as they really are one of the best things to ride in the dark.

:)

After Drayton, there was zero chance of it opening in the dark, and if they did they'd probably have to floodlight the entire area...

I was informed that they closed the Rapids around 17.50 over the weekend

I was also informed that they closed the rapids before dark during last years scarefest as a response to last year Australia rapid ride accident as well as their ride security camera's were useless in the dark. This year, they have new cameras which are better with dealing with filming in the dark. But I presume in light of the DMP incident, they have decided to shut the rapids at dusk.

I was informed that they closed the Rapids around 17.50 over the weekend

I was also informed that they closed the rapids before dark during last years scarefest as a response to last year Australia rapid ride accident as well as their ride security camera's were useless in the dark. This year, they have new cameras which are better with dealing with filming in the dark. But I presume in light of the DMP incident, they have decided to shut the rapids at dusk.
Last year was a bit hit and miss with night rides on the rapids. I got one in on the 21st last year but after that they were closed by dusk most nights. It's a real shame!

Last year was a bit hit and miss with night rides on the rapids. I got one in on the 21st last year but after that they were closed by dusk most nights. It's a real shame!

The rapids were open till 9pm every day last Scarefest up to the 25th Oct. Then the Dreamworld Rapid incident happened and the rapids never opened after dusk since.

Hopefully with the new cameras in place and maybe some upgrades over the winter months (in light of the DMP incident) we can all wish for the rapids to be up and running again with the waterfalls and night time riding for next year. We can only hope

Had a great day at towers today! Quite a nice atmosphere in areas and it was nice to see it a bit busier! Duel is in a bad state and it desperately requires some work!

I noticed quite a lot of police around the park today (maybe 6) and more security than I've seen before - does anyone know why? :)

I'm pretty sure it was on 3, as we were coming into the station, one train was just leaving and another was going in the freefall section if I remember rightly.

It must be panto season, sweep has done a runner.
025b2df9ca3f9bddc7390067130b0406.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.