• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In almost all workplaces the emergency lighting has the battery built into the light fitting so a seperate power source isn't needed. If there is a power cut during an emergency there will still be enough light to leave by. As others have said emergency packs would be for restraint release or operating a lift hill where there is no stairs (such as vertical lifts).

Well that was very short lived :(

1. deejay ‏@Deejay555Deejay 4h
    @altontowers @kad789 cool what month does the pirate show run for?

1 reply .0 retweets0 likes

2. Alton Towers Resort ‏@altontowers 3h
    @Deejay555Deejay @kad789 Hi Deejay, the Pirate show is part of our February Half Term entertainment in our Alton Towers Hotel.

3. Lewis Barnes ‏@_lewis97 3h
    @altontowers So it won't be returning to the theme park during the main season?

4. Alton Towers Resort ‏@altontowers 3h
    @_lewis97 Hi Lewis, this won't be returning this season.

They can't even use the word sorry! !

Last edited by a moderator:
The Smiler's release packs live under the op cabin stairs when I last saw. Backup power is required to run exit illumination etc

Not true. We supplied the emergency lighting exit signs on the smiler (and sub terra for that matter) and in the event of a power failure they operate off their own batteries. Providing they are changed / maintained of course

I concede to better knowledge, where I am at work part runs off another supply

Actually, I think that bit is Arrow Suspended (nope, I think it's Vekoma SFC) track.... with an Intamin launch train on top. :banghead:
Anyone else see the irony of a booklet regarding health and safety featuring an image of what looks like the least safe ride imaginable.

It's one thing using an image from the wrong park (colossus in towers marketing comes to mind), but it doesn't take much common sense to figure out that that's just wrong.

No surprise about the pirate show, ents just don't exist these days outside of CBeebies, they've been destroyed!

:)

Just a heads up, I tweeted Alton Towers asking when they'd publish their blog post detailing work done to Hex and other rides. The response I got was "It will be up shortly." So not sure if we should take that as today, this week, this month??

"New TVs"

Praying those CRTs in the queueline haven't been replaced with flat screen TVs!

Will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable changes. Not that the ride really needed changes at all. It's the one attraction in park that was still (almost) perfect.

Well given that you can't buy a CRTs anymore... prepare for disappointment.

New lighting? If it involves fixing and enhancing all the broken bulbs in the vault, that should be fine. But if it's for the queue and octagon, I can't help but think everything will be brightly lit similar to what happened with Tomb Blaster last year due to H&S reasons...

New lighting? If it involves fixing and enhancing all the broken bulbs in the vault, that should be fine. But if it's for the queue and octagon, I can't help but think everything will be brightly lit similar to what happened with Tomb Blaster last year due to H&S reasons...
I can't exactly see them replacing, for example, that profile focussed on the Earl's portrait in the pre-batching area with an ETC LED Source 4 profile doing fancy chases...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.