• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: Voletarium

Puns aside, I'm sure I don't need to point out that the word "vomitorium" actually refers to an entrance to an arena or stage that passes under the audience, not a (fictional) room for throwing up in.....

;)

Puns aside, I'm sure I don't need to point out that the word "vomitorium" actually refers to an entrance to an arena or stage that passes under the audience, not a (fictional) room for throwing up in.....

;)
You did; i didn't know that!

The final video in The First Flight Theory series is a real delight. I have found the whole series brilliantly made, very amusing and it's help to build a very good back story to the ride.

I love that this is going to be an attraction you can ride and enjoy by itself without taking in any of the story or detail (and it will probably still be good fun) or you can get totally immersed by the theme and story and enjoy it all on a totally different level. Needless to say that I am doing the latter and am looking forward to seeing how ACE is spread across the park.

:)

As we all now know, this ride will be called Voletarium, however a few other ideas for names for the attraction have been posted on Twitter by Michael Mack.

Palast der Luft (Air Palace)
Institut der Lüfte (Institution of Air)
Flugpalast (Fly Palace)
Atrium der Lüfte (Atrium of Air)
Aviarium
Flying Dome
Das Fliegende Rathaus (The Flying Town Hall)

Someone please tell me if it'll be open by June 3rd. Haven't been able to find out on ze intervebs and am really hoping it'll be open when I'm there (June 1st-3rd)

I'm sure we'll see soft opening within 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Construction is progressing nicely:

C_E9k0jXkAAVrGQ.jpg

Not a satellite dish nor shipping container in sight! :p

I'm sure this will be the greatest ride evvvvvvaaaa, (because it's at Europa :rolleyes:), but is anyone else largely apathetic about cinema based rides like this? I understand their appeal from an operator's point of view, but once I've ridden them I typically don't go near them again until there is a new film.

Reactions: D4n
Much as I love Europa Park, this really does feel like a step back to their Disney aping days. I guess they've at least beat Paris to the concept.

Incidentally, I know the seatbelts on these things are theoretically unbucklable, but the insurance premium on a flying theatre is huge, surely? The first time I rode Soarin', I was initially just incredibly taken aback by how easy it would be to fling myself over the edge of the seat.

To be fair, I've not done a Disney "Sorin" (or whatever) type ride. But from what we saw over new year, I'll be in the "at least it's not VR" camp. ;P

Much as I love Europa Park, this really does feel like a step back to their Disney aping days. I guess they've at least beat Paris to the concept.

I disagree. Yes the ride system is similar to that of Soarin' and in effect the principle is the same, you are flying over various iconic landmarks. But are they doing this as an attempt to copy Disney? I do not think they are. The theme and concept is on a vastly different level compared to Soarin', if they are trying to copy Disney then I can confidently say at this stage, without Voletarium even having opened, that they have out done Disney.

This is bringing in a whole new theme concept to the entire park, the Adventure Club of Europe. The story behind the ride along with the theming and whole element of show seems to be EP enterting new territory. They are keen to ensure that they have plenty of indoor rides in the park and until now did not have a true screen based dark ride, so even though these aren't the most exciting rides to look forward to you can see why they went for it.

It amuses me that the Adventurers Club of Europe is a blatant copy of Disney's Society of Explorers and Adventurers (S.E.A.) which is the backstory to part of Mystic Manor and much of Tokyo DisneySea.

It amuses me that the Adventurers Club of Europe is a blatant copy of Disney's Society of Explorers and Adventurers, which is the backstory to part of Mystic Manor and much of Tokyo DisneySea.

Stop trying to weaken my argument! :p

Honestly, there`s so much that seperates Europa`s concept from the disney parks...are those similarities really such a big deal? Really? I don`t thinks so...at the end of the day people need a well rounded park with lots of variety and high quality attractions for all ages...and some attractions that don`t depend on the weather. That`s what they`re going for...not more, not less IMHO. Having something that reminds of Disney should not be a reason so stay away from a good concept or attraction. Besides that I really cannot help those who have problems finding LOADS of things at Europa Park that you do not find at the disney parks :p

Of course these are words written by a whole-heartedly Europa Park fanboy :D