• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: Voletarium

Stop the press. EP copied something Disney did first. Oh no the whole park is ruined now and they've never done anything like this before.

:rolleyes:

Stop the press. EP copied something Disney did first. Oh no the whole park is ruined now and they've never done anything like this before.

:rolleyes:

What do you mean! It's not like they have a mouse for a mascot.... err, or a geodesic dome.... hmm, or a haunted house with a stretching room... ahh.

At least there is no ride named "it's a small world"..... damn it!

(Before anyone leaps down my throat EP is my favourite theme park in the world)

If Disney ever decide to install a Soarin' ride at Paris there will probably be people who have never been over to the USA or Shangahai thinking that Disney have copied EP! :p

Not that it matters but Disney are equally as guilty when it comes to copying, MGM Studios was a whole park that shamelessly copied Universal in an attempt to ruin their Florida project. Oh how things have changed since then!

Anyway, I hear EP's next major project after this is a new area themed on a made up planet in a galaxy far far away....! ;)

:)

The Project V preview centre opens today. Europa-Park have also revealed models of the attraction which EPFans.info have posted a couple of photos of on Facebook:

14520316_10153769297476987_6881160107169322365_n.jpg

14495231_10153769327986987_807721071753194575_n.jpg

A very grand and spectacular building! Here is a panoramic view of the new plaza that has been posted by Michael Mack on Twitter:

Ctg9M4OWYAAWJQB.jpg

This is going to look wonderful.

And like... MACK BANK! Where all the secrets are held... I bet you come next Easter, this will convert into a 2018 preview spot!

europa-park-mack-bank-preview-centre-620x350.jpg

Interesting it looks the the ride system isn't quite soaring as the model suggests you load on three levels (rather than load on the ground and get lifted into the air).

Theming looks good, although DCA's soaring is well themed Floridas is really not!

All of the Project V videos have got me very excited for this, the sheer level of detail going into it is astounding. It's fair to say that this is so much more than a ride.

It has also been confirmed that this ride will feature timed tickets as well as the normal standby queue. I assume that this will work like the Disney fastrack system. Got to be honest and say that I'm not keen on this idea.

As did I. You can also see on the plans shown in the Preview Centre that there are three separate queue lines labelled "main", "single" and "ticket". This could result in the main queue having a dismal throughput.

It has also been confirmed that this ride will feature timed tickets as well as the normal standby queue. I assume that this will work like the Disney fastrack system. Got to be honest and say that I'm not keen on this idea.
I hope this is not a sign of things to come for Europa... I'm hoping that this will be implemented for a short period of time (maybe the whole of next season) and then when it gets less popular, they will remove it.

I'm not keen on the idea of Fastrack at all, but I do think the Disney approach (timed and free) is the least-worst option available. If this is the system EP have gone for, then I'll reluctantly accept it. Better than the Merlin approach, for sure.

Not really sure why it would be necessary.

UNLESS... they are concerned about being swamped at 9am? This could therefore alleviate the issue if guests are given a timed ticket on busier days?