• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: Voletarium

So it has been mentioned in the Project V videos and on the website that there will be a big storyline element to this attraction. Taking a read through the art of storytelling proves extremely interesting. The main story is of "two brothers who were both driven, in their respected fields, to make the dream of flying come true." However along the way characters changed and the story developed.

Originally the ride was going to be called 'Flying Over Europe' but this is now the name of the first film. Yes that's right, the first film, EP have said that they "decided not to limit the attraction to just one film or theme so that other films could be shown in the future. Therefore a broader concept and story were needed."

This is where Project V comes in, it is a fictional institute that has been created and is "a place of study, scholarship and experimentation." As we know Project V is just the codename for now and the real name will be revealed once the ride opens, although the V will still be prominent.

The website also states the following:
EuropaPark said:
Project V is part of a much larger storyline that is linked with existing and coming attractions at Europa-Park. Clues and “Easter Eggs” (secret objects) will be hidden in the attraction and across other attractions. So keep your eyes open!

Now I find this rather intriguing, what is this all about? Well let's take a look at the website of the Adventure Club of Europe, whose logo also seen in some Project V videos. Now I am guessing here but I think this is part of the much wider storyline that EP are talking about. The website is only in German but here is what the president of ACE, Johan Malus, has to say:
ACE said:
It is not the naive who believe in the unbelievable; They are the naive who think they have already understood everything.

With these words from my esteemed colleague and friend, Richard Steinwinkler, I would like to welcome you to the new online presence of the Adventure Club of Europe.

After careful internal reflection, we decided to allow interested non-members to look into our archives to the 300th anniversary of the club. For we believe the world has a right to participate in the exceptional and touching experiences of our members.

On this website, we present a selection of our most interesting, exciting and, in some cases, the most controversial expedition reports of the past centuries.

Some of these texts will certainly place you, dear readers, in the field of the fantastic or the unbelieving. However, you should be aware that the entire club is behind the content that is accessible to the public at this point.

As the 14th President of the ACE, I am proud and humble to shape the exceptional path of this club.
Over the next 100 years. There is still much to discover.

Yours, Johan Malus

There is plenty of information on the website from details of ACE expeditions and their greatest members. There is also a news section at one small article mentions a generous donation that ACE have recieved from none other than the Mack Bank (location of the Project V preview centre) of €1 million. The money is to be spent on "reopening and repairing the Institute of the Eulenstein Brothers" and "used to develop a new technology which will lead the visitors through the institute".

I'm not sure ACE has been mentioned officially by Europa-Park yet but I am excited to see how this is all going to tie together. They are certainly going into a heck of a lot of detail!

:)

Not really sure why it would be necessary.

UNLESS... they are concerned about being swamped at 9am? This could therefore alleviate the issue if guests are given a timed ticket on busier days?

That could very well be the explanation, Dan !

This was posted by EP on Facebook today, showing progress on Project V:

15095031_10153966932841440_1059119837982617077_n.jpg

Coming along very nicely now!

EDIT: Image doesn't want to show on here for some reason so follow this link to see it.

How damn big?! That is insane, this is one incredibly exciting project. Can't wait to see the rest of the progress :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is large. The progress since the end of main season is mahoosive.

Looking forward to seeing it in person next month!

I believe this loads on 3 separate levels, hence the height of the building. Could be wrong though.

It is massive in person, should be a very well themed experience, Looks like it will be better themed than Soarin...that's for sure.

It does indeed load on 3 seperate levels, that is correct. The theatres are rather large!

I can't wait to see this for myself during the winter season, it's going to give a very different feel to the whole entrance area.

Shotgun loading at the bottom level.

I struggle with Soarin' due to the heights! I always manage it once though!

Eek!

I believe this loads on 3 separate levels, hence the height of the building. Could be wrong though.

It is massive in person, should be a very well themed experience, Looks like it will be better themed than Soarin...that's for sure.

California Soaring is nicely themed, it's just floridas that is a bit crap.

The inside has progressed, this thing is huge. The 3 rows will move horizontal towards the screen so there's a lot of steel work in there.

In the above picture, there's 2 openings on the right hand side. That'll be loading for each floor with one on the bottom.

The queue line seems to have a wealth of space for theming and story telling. Some theming has also just started in the queue. I have a feeling this will be the most immersive ride at Europa yet.

The queue line seems to have a wealth of space for theming and story telling. Some theming has also just started in the queue. I have a feeling this will be the most immersive ride at Europa yet.

It certainly looks that was from all of the concepts. I can't wait to see how it is coming along myself in a couple of weeks!

EP posted a brilliant Project V construction video to YouTube a few days ago:

I can't believe quite how quickly this is progressing now. Good to see exterior theming on the main building starting to appear.

Following on from our behind the scenes look at Projekt V (thanks EP and Dan for arranging!) I'm now a lot more excited about the whole project. It's clear that they've put a lot of thought into the design of the entire attraction, including the queue line and capacity management which is hugely reassuring.

From our Q&A, fastpass is to be allocated on a 1-per-person-per-day basis (exact method TBC) and will only operate outside of the anticipated morning and evening rushes, so the main queue will move faster towards the beginning or end of the day when more people are likely to be joining the queue. EP are also confident they can exceed the theoretical thourly capacity as they've demonstrated they've capable of with Wodan. Fastpass is being implemented purely for demand-management on this attraction only due to it's location. EP are well aware that, whilst long queues are not good for guests, a physical queue is an important means of managing crowds on busy days and therefore there are currently no plans for fastpass or virtual queues on existing rides.

Some bad news for acrophobiacs though - unlike in the model shown earlier in this topic there will only be 1 gondola on the lowest level of the ride (3 on the 2nd and 3rd levels). Disabled riders will use the lowest level only, further reducing your chance of keeping your feet close to the ground.

Also, anyone carrying a few extra stone like myself be warned: it's one hell of a climb to the upper level. The queue line seems to be mostly made of stairs.

I was concerned about the fastpass when it was initially announced but hearing them explain the reasoning behind it has reassured me. It is there for the right reasons and actually makes sense. They realise, with the ride being at the entrance, that a lot of guests will go straight for it. So some of those guests will get a free fastpass to come back later in the day and ride without a queue. They are trying to better understand and mange guest movement in the park.

We were also told that at peak times the ride could open as early as 8.15am! :D

Overall I was very impressed with Project V, it's bloody massive! I already knew how much was going into it from watching all of the videos online and browsing the website but I have a real confidence that they will pull it off.