• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

I agree that theming on the lift and at the very end of the ride could have been done better, but what were people expecting with theming on the ride itself? That is a genuine question by the way!

I can't have been the only one expecting any theming to have been 2D cut outs and there are more of them than I thought there would be. Space is extremely limited inside of Eurosat so any larger theming pieces or structures would have been difficult. And when travelling at speed, anything more than 2D can be a waste.
I hate to say this about Europa Park, but I think this whole Eurosat thing has been a bit "style over substance". Okay, in some areas the "style" did indeed materialise, but not so much in others it seems... the actual ride experience doesn't seem to live up to what it's been hyped up to be.

What was it hyped up to be? Everything was kept extremely quiet, so I don't know where any hype has come from!

Anyway, you can be sure that if the Macks are not happy with the final product then it will be changed.

:)

I just flew back from Europa Park yesterday, which meant we were on the park for the 12th but couldn't attend the public opening on the 13th.

I have to say I'm a little bit miffed as to how the press event was handled from a normal guests perspective.
When we booked the trip back in January it wasn't unreasonable to expect the ride to be open but we accepted it might not. When news got out something would be happening on the 12th I expected that either it would be open (not helped by lots of fan sites hyping it up) or the press event would be after park close and we'd just have to accept we'd missed it.
What we got was kind of the worst of both!
The whole area around the ride (but thankfully not Silver Star) was roped off from 1pm onwards. We could see the event going on which was cool from an enthusiasts perspective but somewhat disruptive for anyone trying to have a normal day.
But what really got to me was that the ride was still operating and roped off at about 5pm but people were only queueing for the VR section. The ride was running with practicly empty trains yet we could only watch.

I guess it doesn't help that the exact same thing happened on my last visit 4 years ago, missing Arthur by a few weeks. I think I'll hold off booking anouther trip until after Rulantica opens...

@Tim

Agree it was suprisingly annoying how much of the area was roped off.

*But* we did get to see a flock of singing Geese wearing bowties.

31228490be41f7685effb5362e98e9ba7dee71048e6558b5cf5f348488e920f8fbae9605.jpg

full

Very cool. Now we just need to figure out what it's doing.

I'm going to assume the main track is straight. Two of the offshoots service the VR and the fifth maintenance?

Edit: Nice geese. Don't get me wrong if you had the spare time to get close enough to watch it was quite an event. But it was a shame for all the guests that were only there for that day.

Also how did you get so close! We were turned back on the Swiss side of the French/Swiss bridge.

Last edited:
Very cool. Now we just need to figure out what it's doing.

I'm going to assume the main track is straight. Two of the offshoots service the VR and the fifth maintenance?

Edit: Nice geese. Don't get me wrong if you had the spare time to get close enough to watch it was quite an event. But it was a shame for all the guests that were only there for that day.

Also how did you get so close! We were turned back on the Swiss side of the French/Swiss bridge.
I wasn't there in the morning but pretty sure it was like that most of the afternoon.

I feel your pain I was there 1.5 days and even that felt rushed.

This surely has to be one of the most bizarre theme park related projects ever undertaken. Converting a giant, space themed, fan-favourite geodesic dome into a French, Moulin Rouge inspired "Can-Can Coaster" but retaining the slightly trancy original theme and replacing the entire track and dome entirely whilst they're at it.

It's only because it's EP that this has been even possible to get so far without major complaints ;)

It seems that Can Can Coaster is not entirely finished. I would imagine the park have been (rightly, really) a lot of complaints from guests regarding the fact the ride wasn't open and we're almost at the end of summer. Reviews are fairly mixed. The queue and station etc. seem very well done but the ride itself seems to lack detail in theming. 2D stuff isn't quite going to cut it.

I reckon we'll see a better experience on the ride portion of the experience as days and weeks go by.

It's a dark ride coaster, so there should be no or only a few theming elements. For me there is too much theming at the ride.

It's a dark ride coaster, so there should be no or only a few theming elements. For me there is too much theming at the ride.

I agree with you. All or nothing. The 2D stuff just doesn't appear to look great.

I feel the 2D elements could have worked If they had set the ride up to be an abstract experience. No one complains about Small World being 2D facades, because they fit the style of the cartoony characters. The trouble is they’ve created a beautiful hyper realistic queue and station but follow it up with very flat 2D cutouts.

Rob mentioned Verbolten earlier but I’d say the difference between this and that is they put a lot of time painting on black-light depth to create a 3D illusion.

Improvements can be made, hopefully they will.

2CWiRhY.jpg

One of the more grandiose moments from the live stream - Roland really positioning himself for that 'President of Europe' job.

They obviously spent tens of thousands to build that platform just for this speech didn't they.

There was a fan day at the park yesterday, and they were told that the original ride theming was actually too heavy to hang up (it's meant to be be metal) so they've had to put up makeshift theming for now. The project team are not entirely happy with it though so expect changes, especially between the end of the season and the start of the winter and/or next season.

:)

Hi, after my visit to EP this is my feedback of the new eurosat,
well the queue was 45m, understandable being a "new" ride, but after waiting all that time, in the mid ride the music stop playing and was only a sad dark roller coaster, It's definitely not on my top list.
About the VR part, Valerian, its only opened in strick times, where the queue is imense and stretches along the way making it difficult for people to pass.
In fact I really enjoyed the park having tried all the major attractions, but I went too far up the bar about the eurosat