• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

Currently on park and the Can Can area is roped off with lots of red carpet laid out. Unsure what time the opening ceremony is as walk on Silver Star is getting rinsed :cool:

I'm not sure it is going to open to the public until tomorrow, today is just the media event. It could soft open later though!

A little look at what's going on at the moment:

There are also new sountracks available to buy for old Eurosat, CanCan Coaster and Madame Whatsertits!

An orchestral version of In Second Orbit is seemingly part of the CanCan Coaster soundtrack! :D

:)

41575213_2103129409952225_5366371545394446336_o.jpg

And the award for this year's most delightful (presumably) extended queue line goes to....

The music is indeed very good but ... The ride is a let down. Fun coaster but the themeing on ride looks very cheap and tacky.

The exterior area and queue are stunning but the inside theming seems very much like a rush job.

Edit @DiogoJ42 unfortunately there are no lasers just empty black spaces

Reactions: Rob
A shame to hear about the interior ride theming, it's hard to tell from a video so I was hoping it looked better in person. I suppose it is something they can work on going forward though!

Could this be Europa's first fail?
Perhaps you'd like to take a picking from one of the dark rides? ;)

I'm sure the theming can always be added to and EP have shown they have the absolute ability to do just that in most circumstances anyway.

Theming the inside of a dark coaster is always a challenge, especially when space is limited. I'll wait until I've ridden until I cast a real opinion but maybe some more lighting effects would help?

Verbolten works very well with 2D cut out theming lit by UV. Simple but effective.

Could this be Europa's first fail?

Having ridden it today I think the interior theming is a HUGE fail indeed...I would have never expected such a bad theming on a new themed ride from Europa at all. But still...the layout was improved a lot IMHO, the new trains are great and the theming of the queue is absolutely brillant. Such a strange mix of high quality and "horrible" theming...o_O

It is pretty disappointing to hear that the theming of the actual ride isn't to the very high standard we normally expect from Europa. It's good to see that the queue itself looks like it has been massively improved, along with the exterior facades which all look amazing, but ultimately if the ride experience falls short of the high expectations of many of the park's visitors...

I hate to say this about Europa Park, but I think this whole Eurosat thing has been a bit "style over substance". Okay, in some areas the "style" did indeed materialise, but not so much in others it seems... the actual ride experience doesn't seem to live up to what it's been hyped up to be.

I guess the good thing is Europa Park are a park that can recognise where they need to make improvements and / or adjustments, and so I hope that any improvements and changes necessary will be implemented in the near future.

I personally think this whole thing looks lovely! It's really good that Europa is willing to undertake such an expensive refurbishment, in my opinion, and I personally think that the level of theming they have is more than enough considering you'll be rushing past most of it at 37mph! I must say I do like how they've covered up the spiral lift mechanics with the Eiffel Tower; a really nice touch, if you ask me!

As for the rest of the theming, the queue looks stunning and the ride looks nice, even though it does have mostly 2D theming! The theming on this ride looks simple but effective, in my opinion! Why are people disappointed with the interior, out of interest?
EDIT: Also, it looks to have better interior theming than the original Eurosat ever did, in my opinion. That's something, right?