• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

In what seems to be a frankly bizarre turn of events, EP have announced that Gary Barlow will be featuring in the new Eurosat VR experience. On social media this evening, the park shared a photo of Barlow trying the Coastiality experience on Alpen-Express.

I'm not sure that the music of Take That is really in keeping with Eurosat's original theme - nor that of the non-VR ride experience - but Michael Mack must have quite a unique vision for the VR experience that Barlow is able to help realise.

ZzdtfBk.jpg

Regarding the point about things being open in Winter. I was at EP last Christmas and everything was open apart from Silver Star (with the exception of the water rides) Eurosat is great but a refurb is needed so I personally can't wait to see what they bring to the table next year!

It depends on the weather. I've been at EP in winter when Sat is the only major ride open because of the snow!

I'll be interested to see how/if they utilise the second station in a few years time when the industry is over VR on coasters!

Is there any news yet on Universe of Energy? I assume it will meet its demise at the end of the season and whilst this will be no loss to most it does contain some of the better animatronics on park!

:)

That's a thought: Surely the only way they can squeeze in a second station is to move the transfer track and train storage downstairs?

I'll be interested to see how/if they utilise the second station in a few years time when the industry is over VR on coasters!
Most of the time I'd expect it to go unused, but I'd like to think that on the busiest days it'll run 2 stations to ensure they really max-out the throughput.

Gary Barlow at Europa Park... stranger than fiction...

Once the VR fad is over the second station could be used for disabled guests, like Anaheim's Space Mountain does. Allows those in wheelchairs to spend as much time getting on and off the ride as they need without affecting throughput.

I hope Universe of Energy stays. It's always a shame to lose a tracked ride. I find it quite enjoyable.

Once the VR fad is over the second station could be used for disabled guests, like Anaheim's Space Mountain does. Allows those in wheelchairs to spend as much time getting on and off the ride as they need without affecting throughput.

I hope Universe of Energy stays. It's always a shame to lose a tracked ride. I find it quite enjoyable.

Nice idea, but considering EP couldn't give a flying monkeys for disabled guests I can't see that happening! :p When you think about it, EP really is woeful in terms of disabled access on rides, they'd be lambasted for it in the UK or US.

I too hope that Universe of Energy stays though, I enjoy the small dark rides in the park that you can ride on even the busiest of days with just a 1 minute queue!

Yep still running! I hope they don't ruin it. I am trusting the Macks with this one.

Yep still running! I hope they don't ruin it. I am trusting the Macks with this one.
Even if they do, it'll still get glowing reviews. It's Europa. And you are trusting them with their own ride in their own park? They'll be pleased.

I don't think it will get glowing reviews on here if they manage to ruin the ride experience with it becoming some boring and bland journey from the top of the building to the bottom. I am certainly concerned about how the new product may turn out.

That being said I have no doubts that the new Eurosat will have an enhanced theme and story aspect to it.

Europa does get a lot of "glowing reviews", as you put it, but only for the attractions that are generally excellent with regards to the ride itself (eg, Wodan) or the theming (eg, Voletarium). The park itself gets "glowing reviews" for the overall quality of visitor experience and charm of the park. You won't get people slagging off, say, Old 99 Circus Parade, because whilst not an amazing ride or at all immersive (is it trying to be?), it is a ride aimed at children, is overall very charming and an interesting insight into the history of the park.

As Dan has pointed out, rides such as Schweizer Bobbahn do not get high praise because it is generally considered to be quite boring and not that well-themed. There seems to be this stigma that everyone who enjoys Europa-Park thinks everything is amazing, and the best thing in the world, however in reality if EP do something that isn't considered to be very good then it simply won't get much praise.

Well, Eurosat is going to look very different next year!

DKLK2S3X0AEu1bv.jpg

DKLK4i3WAAEVJOa.jpg

Now it is quite obviously an improvement but something about it just does not look right, I'm really going to miss that queue, the robot and the retro sign. Looks like this provides an opportunity for a themed queue. It will be interesting to see what happens to the thematics inside; will it be a totally new theme or retain a space theme?

It looks like the trains will be losing a row of seating too which is slightly concerning:

DKLNsDgXcAA4teu.jpg

Universe of Energy is also getting a re-theme:

DKLK6feWAAAlzPV.jpg

All photos are from Europa-Park.

Last edited:
Some things need updating. Others do not. Sat is in the "not" category.

... Unless the Mulan Ruge windmill implies there will be strippers in the new ride. That, I could live with.

One of the most annoying things about EP is their inconsistent branding. You'd have thought this'd be a good opportunity to fix that but even in this photo advertising the makeover there are three different logos and typefaces used. :p

21765688_1902148963383605_1600149112274995078_o.jpg

Universe of Energy is an utterly tedious ride, so changing that is a massive improvement for this part of the park.