• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

Sam. The mixed logos are on purpose. This is a historical billboard about Eurosat. It's explaining of past logos, soundtracks etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I will miss EuroSat's current form dearly, it has a special place in my heart as being my very first ride during my first visit in 2012 and as one of my absolute favourite rollercoasters. The retro 80s space theme, the robot, the music and the intense ride itself are all reasons why I love it so much.

But I've grown to hesitantly accept that the coaster desperately needs refurbishment to continue running and the retro 80s space theme, for all its charm, is equally very tired and outdated. I'm happy to let the park overhaul the entire area surrounding Sat, as much as I'll miss it all. It's not as if we won't have memories, photos and videos to remember EuroSat's current form by.

The refurbishment gives Europa-Park a great opportunity too, to further shed the remnants of its dated 'Disney rip off' facade and to give EuroSat an identity beyond being an intense and generalised Space Mountain-esque coaster inside a Spaceship Earth-esque dome. So this lovely concept art gives me faith that Europa-Park know what they're doing, especially when finally integrating EuroSat into the France area. My only worry is the coaster's absurd intensity is toned down..

No-one will ever be totally happy with the refurbishment, realistically speaking. We're all going to be biased with a rollercoaster, ride or attraction we're passionate about and that's OK. So for now, I hope the refurbishment goes smoothly and we'll see a great amount of updates until it re-opens in its new form.

MEANWHILE.

Universe of Energy is getting a complete overhaul? Thank Franz! I will be so happy to see that tedious dinofahrt close. Madame Freudenreich's Curiosities best not slip into the mediocre dark ride ensemble Europa-Park has, and stands out as being something better. An Efteling quality dark ride may be a stretch to wish for but I'll damn well hope for it anyway!

I would like to know the reasoning behind removing a row on each train...

Replacing Dino ride is upsetting to me, had one of the best jump scares in a theme park attraction...
If you mean that bloody dinosaur that screams in your face after the backwards section... Christ it's terrifying.

I would like to know the reasoning behind removing a row on each train...

I have no idea but I suppose it could be linked to track modifications or station modifications; there might just be no room for two stations if the trains are 8 cars long but they can squeeze it in if they are 7 cars long. Now if it is to do with the two stations then once again, damn you VR!!

:)

The Preview Centre is never the easiest thing to grab pics thanks to the glass, but @BigDave managed to grab some photos for us, since the press event was a tad manic :)

There's a few more over on the Facebook page.

EP Maniac have a video of the animated POV on show at the Preview Centre, and following this they do a side-by-side comparision with a lights of POV of current Sat.

Looks like very minor changes indeed.

Most of the changes are due to H&S. It could be the trains being 1 row shorter is also due to this?

Could being a row shorter further alter the intensity of the ride, with being less heavy...? :confused:

I'm sure that there is a valid reason for the trains being shorter. We know what EP and Mack are like when it comes to throughputs so they wouldn't just remove a row for the fun of it. Hopefully we'll find out at some point, when asked they tend to be open about such things.

After riding Euro-Sat this week, I can honestly say I'm happy with this change, if it means the ride is re-profiled and has a smoother layout then I'm all for it. I found the ride rough and painful and not in a good way. I would say it's also a good idea to make the ride more H&S conscious as I would assume some of the track is somewhat too close to the support structure.

From what I've heard, the park seem to be more H&S orientated than they used to be.

However, I'm going to be entirely irritated by the loss of the ridiculously strange 80's Sci-fi theme and Russian astronaut head at the beginning. It's classic and weird in a good way.

Would you guys class Eurosat 2.0 as a new credit? RCDB does, but I personally wouldn’t because it’s sort of like when Hulk was retracked at Universal. Also, Eurosat in its current guise is closing on 5th November.

Not this again. If it's a new track, it's a new credit. No different to counting two seperate but identical boomerangs, or wild mice as seperate creds.

Would you guys class Eurosat 2.0 as a new credit? RCDB does, but I personally wouldn’t because it’s sort of like when Hulk was retracked at Universal. Also, Eurosat in its current guise is closing on 5th November.

To reiterate Diogo, yes it's a new Cred, it's technically a new rollercoaster so yeah.

Eurosat 2018 is a completely new ride. The layout is changing subtlety. The theme will be different.

Reactions: Sam