• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Eurosat Can Can Coaster / Madame Freudenreich Curiosités

From: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4s54nssJgV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The park in the comments are stating "We still can't say exactly when Eurosat Coastiality will be available, but you can ride Eurosat Can Coaster from the start of the season!", and the new age restriction for the attraction is 12 years old not 14 like Valerian.

I was hoping for no age restriction as we have a tall 9yo. Or at the very least, let them ride without the VR so families don't need to split up

Quick question. Is this ride officially called "Eurosat CanCan Coaster"? Why did they leave "Eurosat" in the name after the change? Just a nice reference to the history or is there another reason?

If it is just a reference then i just find it a little strange. I'd have expected the name to be "CanCan Coaster" and reference the rides history somewhere and someway else.

Europa are proud of their history and do a good job of retaining visitors, so it's still colloquially known as Eurosat to a few generations of regulars. I call it Eurosat, but everyone I know who has been to the park after the refurbishment just calls it 'CanCan Coaster'. It's fun explaining that it used to have a kitsch space theme. And also that it used to be absolutely bonkers to ride.

As above, I think they did it to bridge the gap. At the time we all wanted the Eurosat name to stay, given the rides iconic status. Keeping the name kept everyone happy, but really Can Can Coaster is the new name. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they drop the Eurosat part of the name at some point.

Of course, now it's Can Phan Coaster!

I must admit, this is one where I cannot understand why it’s not ready for the park’s opening. They’ve known for long enough that it’s changing, and physical thematic changes are minimal. Sure it needs to be tested, but that shouldn’t take long.

I love EP, but it’s not the best look when you pick up a park map right now. Loads of stuff labelled as new, but none of it open!

I’m still of the mind that their capacity to deal with everything they’ve taken on is lagging behind their ambition. If you think they’ve shortened their closed season, are building Voltron, rebuilding Austria and parts of Spain, redoing Valerian to Phantom, Gheisterschloss, shoehorning Yomis into everything, are now servicing another hotel and new(ish) waterpark, Eatrenalin, building tons of new staff accommodation and facilities (and attempting to recruit said staff), plus the usual churn of the park and smaller projects.

It was clear around Christmas that the more technologically involved rides like Can Can were showing some signs of glitches from a long year and they seemingly don’t appear to have been addressed for the new season. There have been either lighting or audio glitches on all but one of our rides on Can Can this season, and they were all similar to those from Christmas. We noticed similar bits on Arthur and Piraten.

They’re not massive problems, but is there possibly an argument that the park would benefit from taking some time to consolidate and refocus on maintaining quality?

Eurosat Phantom was actually planned for last season but pushed back for a mix of budgetary reasons and for the team to finish that massively delayed Amber Blake YULLBE thing first.
Unfortunate how things worked out to then be in the midst of Voltron delays, Alpen burning down and Geisterschloss being forced upon them early as well.

In the trailer it shows them pitting the headsets on once they board the ride. It could be they've decided for operational reasons it's easier to not activate the headsets until people are seated.

In the trailer it shows them pitting the headsets on once they board the ride. It could be they've decided for operational reasons it's easier to not activate the headsets until people are seated.
I was wondering this as well. Would be a little bit disappointed if that was the case, as I was always quite impressed when you put the headset on in the batching area and then were able to get in to the train with ease! But it would improve operations I guess if you just did it in the train.

Good to see that this is finally ready to open. Roland looks thrilled in that photo.

I really want to know if as a family of 4 where one is too young for the headset, can we go into VR queue together but let our youngest ride as per normal queue without the headset? Or will operators be awkward and outright refuse to allow that? If anyone attends please let me know if you find out.

I would say no, I’m sure it has a minimum age, so they probably wouldn’t let you pay for a ticket if you were too young to ride. I guess they would make you wait in the queue area or exit.