• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just imagine. ..... if the guys put as much effort as they do in scarefeast into the rest of the season it would be well the UK s top theme park

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Must compliment Alton Today. Very busy for an off peak day. Didn't notice any downtime for the rides, and operations were very decent.

A pleasureable day, queues were quite long at times, but not many were using fast track so they moved quite well.

Not even half way through the year and already starting prep for Scarefest. I wonder if we'll see a return for the welcoming somewhere at the park.

I really hope that they add something new for Scarefest this year, even if they will be bringing back as least two of last years mazes. I think the lack of Scare Awards this year may have been to do with the lack of any major new maze (I don't think The Welcoming was really the right style to win some of the bigger awards, although I think it should probably have won the award it was nominated for).

I'd like to see Terror of the Towers go for something new, and see The Welcoming return (as well as Sub Species and Mine Tours), and have a zone around Wicker Man with the Beornen and fire dancers etc.

The Towers closed already - still in May - for Scarefest preparations! Scarefest is still about 4 and a half months away!

The earlier post about Towers having allocated a 1-man FTE budget to preparing for Scarefest may be way closer to the truth than we thought. If this is the case, I dread to think about the lack of special effects / lighting that we will see on Wicker-Man... in the few weeks of a season when you can ride it in the dark. (They're already having problems with the shoulder flames).

If they put that much dedication into just the general welfare of the park like they have with the scare fest prep, things would be completely different.

There are scare mazes stored up in the towers throughout the year like xmas crap in every homeowners loft. So much so the Towers have to be closed off like some over the top hoarders house.

Its god damn May, screw the scarefest prep and stop wishing for the end of the season.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.