• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Guest numbers are up a lot, Budget has increased to match.

I agree it’s the wrong way around and the recovery would have been a lot quicker if they hadn’t devalued the product but they have seen a significant numbers rebound this year.
With a fantastic new attraction and a rediculous season pass deal, I don't see how they wouldn't have expected attendance to be like this. Even though they knew Gate numbers would be up, they still continued to cut any way before the season even began. You're right, it's completely the wrong way round!

It was me who posted the video, I never implied it was a sign of the ride possibly reopening, just that the audio was playing.

I knew it was you, I just didn't wanted to mention names just in-case. Plus I never took it as an indication that the ride would be opening within the foreseeable future.

Didn’t they do this last year about this time . Clean the q line. Audio on staff seen in the building. Then nothing.

N o t h i n g

Closed for ever

Perhaps after visitor attendance has massively increased they may be considering opening it again. If it did I wouldn’t expect it until scarefest at the earliest given the amount of work that it undoubtedly requires to get the attraction back in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I rush to defend Towers (someone has to) but ops on Galactica today are absolutely atrocious.

Dispatch every 5 mins or longer

CyAofDt.png

Crazy queue times. God help them come mid-June when it's peak school trip season!

In all fairness, the park looked pretty busy from a photo posted on TowersStreet's Facebook page saying that the queue to buy tickets was back to the coach park, so I reckon the park must be close to capacity, which I believe is 28,000, correct me if I'm wrong? Also, Enterprise is 15 minutes, guys, so operations can't be that bad!

And on the matter of Sub-Terra possibly reopening, that would be fantastic news if true. Even though I hate attractions with live actors, it's a filler attraction to help soak up queues. I knew Merlin would reverse the cuts once visitor numbers increased again! Thank you Merlin for making my predictions come true!

In all fairness, the park looked pretty busy from a photo posted on TowersStreet's Facebook page saying that the queue to buy tickets was back to the coach park, so I reckon the park must be close to capacity, which I believe is 28,000, correct me if I'm wrong? Also, Enterprise is 15 minutes, guys, so operations can't be that bad!

I very very very much doubt the park is even close to capacity.

The park will be nowhere near capacity today, they just cannot cope without any sort of crowd this season. The Rapids has a 90 minute queue (unheard of before this season) yet they are not filling the boats!?

Useless operations.

:)

I’ve witnessed the staff not pairing a group of 1 and a group of 3 up on WM meaning there were 2 empty seats in 3 rows ( I was the group of one).

What do you guys reckon Alton would be like if it did reach capacity this season, out of interest? They hit capacity during Fireworks 2016, so it's not out of the question.

What do you guys reckon Alton would be like if it did reach capacity this season, out of interest? They hit capacity during Fireworks 2016, so it's not out of the question.

It would be an absolute disaster, 1 star reviews and splashed across the usual papers.

Queue upon queue even a queue to join the queue. I would hope they’ve learnt the lesson from 2016 Fireworks that the park can’t cope and any attempt to try would undo any progress of recovery from 2015 incident.

They did learn their lesson from 2016 fireworks as they reduced the amount of tickets available for last year's fireworks, so the park was slightly more bearable.

There's probably around 15,000 on park today as it looks similar to the last bank holiday weekend at the start of May which had similar numbers. Obviously Oblivion being down and poor operations on the rapids only exacerbates the problems with the queues.

Oblivion is open now anyway and the queues seem to be balancing out, although still not great.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.