• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The procedure of waiting on a platform with no barriers for a train to arrive appears to work fine for the millions of people who use the rail network every day - but apparently Alton Towers aren’t happy with that. The least they could do is install air gates to maintain the capacity, keep queues moving and get people in the park spending money quicker.

The procedure of waiting on a platform with no barriers for a train to arrive appears to work fine for the millions of people who use the rail network every day - but apparently Alton Towers aren’t happy with that. The least they could do is install air gates to maintain the capacity, keep queues moving and get people in the park spending money quicker.

Since 2015 Alton Towers like rules that add little to no safety value but add much inconvenience.

Are there less serviceable trains in total or do they just use less of the serviceable ones concurrently?

I feel like I haven't seen Strawberry, Celebration or Aquarium for a while. Perhaps I should ride the monorail more.
Edit: Explorer too!

Are there less serviceable trains in total or do they just use less of the serviceable ones concurrently?

I feel like I haven't seen Strawberry, Celebration or Aquarium for a while. Perhaps I should ride the monorail more.

I would imagine it is a bit of both. I've only been twice this season and on both occasions there seem to have been 3 trains running; cow, jelly bean and I cannot recall the other.

:)

I would imagine it is a bit of both. I've only been twice this season and on both occasions there seem to have been 3 trains running; cow, jelly bean and I cannot recall the other.
I've seen two and three I think.

Did the Daisy train disappear entirely or did it get reskinned? I should use the monorail more.

I've seen two and three I think.

Did the Daisy train disappear entirely or did it get reskinned? I should use the monorail more.

It’s gone. If you search Alton Towers daisy monorail on google images you can see it’s current state.

In the early days of the monorail, at peak times there was always another train waiting to come in to the station.
The queue ramps were taken at a constant slow shuffle, never waited more than ten minutes for a train.
Then, about a decade ago, things went downhill fast, so much so that my wife insisted on express parking on all but very quiet days.
Last used it on my last season pass a couple of years ago...instantly noticed how the service had slipped...badly...under Merlin.

Well, cow and jelly bean are definitely running, because our game of guess the monorail that we play whenever we take the monorail turned out to be won by the cow monorail. Also, my mum just said to me that she remembers that the strawberry train was running when we went in March.

Daisy's carriages would make great picnic seating or seating out of the sun.

Also is anyone else at AT having issues connecting to the guest wifi?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Make of it what you will, on Friday in both directions we were waiting on the platform before the train arrived.

Have they changed the procedure back to something more sensible? i.e filling the bays whilst waiting for the next train to arrive? Or was this some kind of exception?

Filling the bays while waiting.

Was it an exception? No idea.

Fingers crossed that is here to stay.

It’s news like this that gives me slight optimism towards the park, along with the opening of the woodland walk and getting rid of staggered openings for half term it shows they do care for guest experience. All the little things add up.

It’s news like gives me slight optimism towards the park, along with the opening of the woodland walk and getting rid of staggered openings for half term it shows they do care for guest experience. All the little things add up.
Same here! I knew that Merlin would reverse the cuts once the guests flooded back! Thank you Merlin for making my predictions come true! It can only go onwards and upwards from here, guys! Prepare for a great next few years, everyone, because Merlin seem to be reversing the cuts!

Same here! I knew that Merlin would reverse the cuts once the guests flooded back! Thank you Merlin for making my predictions come true! It can only go onwards and upwards from here, guys! Prepare for a great next few years, everyone, because Merlin seem to be reversing the cuts!

I personally wouldn’t get carried away just yet. It’s early days.

Whoaaa! It's more likely to be that Towers are changing how they are utilising their budgets than Merlin reversing cuts. A change of procedure on the Monorail would be nothing to do with reversing cuts and more someone remembering what common sense is. There is nothing to suggest that Merlin are going to give Alton Towers a greatly improved operating budget in 2019.

It should be noted that both Nemesis and Galactica failed to open on time at 10am this morning as well.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.