• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Which is all well and good until you visit on a Thursday in August but can’t use your season pass on the Friday as a replacement to the bounce back ticket since it’s a blackout date.
Don't they let season pass holders pay £10 for entry on blackout days?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Its soddin annoying. I have booked a 2 night stay next month and was going to purchase the tickets in advance at the cheaper rate (i.e. £33 an adult and £27.50 a child) and then buy a bounceback for the next day as they will only visit the once this year.

Now however I am forced to either go in the park just 1 day and scrap the 2nd or buy 2 x season passes at £55 each.

Seriously, are Towers purposely trying to annoy people???? Grrrrrrr

Don't they let season pass holders pay £10 for entry on blackout days?

All mention of this seems to have disappeared from the Season pass page on the website so Im not sure.

Even so a season pass for £55 then a £10 top up is still £65 for 2 days entry (if that is all you wanted), not much of a deal. They might as well have just carried on offering next day tickets.

Its soddin annoying. I have booked a 2 night stay next month and was going to purchase the tickets in advance at the cheaper rate (i.e. £33 an adult and £27.50 a child) and then buy a bounceback for the next day as they will only visit the once this year.

Now however I am forced to either go in the park just 1 day and scrap the 2nd or buy 2 x season passes at £55 each.

Seriously, are Towers purposely trying to annoy people???? Grrrrrrr

Do you have a season pass? If so there appears to be an offer for £15 bring a friend tickets running, it’s on the season pass page of the website.

Do you have a season pass? If so there appears to be an offer for £15 bring a friend tickets running, it’s on the season pass page of the website.

Indeed this now appears to be the case! Not a bad offer although it's really just a tradeoff for the bounceback tickets which doesn't actually replace them. Also quite a joke if you have an existing annual pass (more expensive in the first place) or any kind of MAP where you only get a few vouchers or nothing at all!

Indeed this now appears to be the case! Not a bad offer although it's really just a tradeoff for the bounceback tickets which doesn't actually replace them. Also quite a joke if you have an existing annual pass (more expensive in the first place) or any kind of MAP where you only get a few vouchers or nothing at all!

Picsolve don't help with offering season passholders a digipass for £35 which according to picsolve lasts a year yet maps have to pay £50 for it!

I've just noticed that Thorpe Park have announced that they'll be showing all World Cup games live in the Dome. Can't help but feel Towers are missing a trick here. Surely they could have done a World Cup summer event; get a big screens set up in say Fountain Square, deck the place out with bunting, offer World Cup face painting for kids and whatnot.

It would have been nice to have some sort of summer event and the World Cup would have been the perfect excuse. Alas, it probably never even crossed their minds.

:)

I've just noticed that Thorpe Park have announced that they'll be showing all World Cup games live in the Dome. Can't help but feel Towers are missing a trick here. Surely they could have done a World Cup summer event; get a big screens set up in say Fountain Square, deck the place out with bunting, offer World Cup face painting for kids and whatnot.

It would have been nice to have some sort of summer event and the World Cup would have been the perfect excuse. Alas, it probably never even crossed their minds.

I mean it only happens every 4 years... It should be a celebrated event and something exciting and quirky for those visiting.

Isn’t it because Thorpe have the equipment permanently there, Towers would need to hire it in. Then you’d get people moaning saying they can waste money on football but can’t operate a theme park without staggered openings etc

Isn’t it because Thorpe have the equipment permanently there, Towers would need to hire it in. Then you’d get people moaning saying they can waste money on football but can’t operate a theme park without staggered openings etc

Yes, Towers would have to hire in a screen and have set up costs etc. However it would be nice to have a Summer event for a change!

The problem is the World Cup is over by the time the summer holidays actually start, and during that time the majority of visitors are school kids on a trip who aren’t going to spend cash on World Cup related extras like face painting.

Thorpe are literally putting the matches on a screen, not going to much effort really. I can see why Towers wouldn’t bother.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.