• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Okay I take back the positive comments on the shorter ERT. Not opening Forbidden Valley until 12noon is madness. Also SeaLife not being open at the same time as the rest of Mutiny Bay doesn't make any sense either.

Basically these timings mean thrill seekers will do X Sector then head over to Forbidden Valley. No chance to do it the other way round, everyone has to follow the crowd.

Alton Towers have today confirmed to me on twitter that the new season passes will not be valid for Early Ride Time despite the opposite being stated when the passes first went on sale.

Alton Towers have today confirmed to me on twitter that the new season passes will not be valid for Early Ride Time despite the opposite being stated when the passes first went on sale.
A perfect example of a Merlin u-turn everybody!

And if you had that in writing originally (or even if not but know who said it) a perfectly valid reason to apply for a full refund for breach of contract. Trading Standards will be interested too as that falls under miss-selling.

Before anybody squeals that it's not listed as a perk, it doesn't matter, if the item was sold on the basis of it being a perk or the person doing the buying asked at the time they purchased it and it was confirmed as being so by the vendor, then it is considered under law to form part of the "contract", just look at the number of people Legoland had to let in for a fiver at the end of last year because on one of the blackout days after one of their call centre staff inadvertently confirmed on the phone the bring a friend for a fiver offer was valid.

Pay once and return all year your getting more value, and people that go often know how to work the route of the park, granted it will change a bit this year, but Work it right and you can still do every ride at least twice. Plus if you look at it most people will do wickerman first then every one always goes to smiler. So forbidden valley would be even quieter till at least mid day. I agree with the way it’s been done makes perfect saving sense.

Tlc is to last another 2 seasons then I think the park will return to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would really love to see the repeat visit numbers from Thorpe’s earlier season ticket. I suspect they’ve number-crunched the repeat visits on these and seen the average guest only visits once a year, buying the season pass because it seems like good value and “just in case”. Therefore getting twice as much out of those who would have used 241s/discounted tickets.

Hence the roll out across the Merlin parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In a totally unsurprising turn of events Nick Leslau, the landowner of Alton Towers, is listed as a patron of the disgraced Presidents Club in the documents leaked by The Guardian.

(For the avoidance of doubt, he isn’t listed on the guest list for this year’s event, and if he was then he obviously would have left early like everybody else apparently did.)

5v7BV1X.jpg

In a totally unsurprising turn of events Nick Leslau, the landowner of Alton Towers, is listed as a patron of the disgraced Presidents Club in the documents leaked by The Guardian.

(For the avoidance of doubt, he isn’t listed on the guest list for this year’s event, and if he was then he obviously would have left early like everybody else apparently did.)

5v7BV1X.jpg
Oh dear... more bad publicity for Alton...

Oh dear... more bad publicity for Alton...

Outside of people on this forum I don’t expect many know who Leslau is it that he is connected to AT in any way.
Many won’t even think of Merlin being the “park owner” unless they have annual passes.

It seems merlin may be looking into getting some phone charging lockers at Alton, I guess they will replace some of the often down storage lockers.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

It is when some people sit for half an hour with their phone recording the area soundtrack (being played in mono on a single Bose environmental speaker) - only to later upload it onto YouTube under something like "Towers Street Soundtrack - High Quality Mixdown"

And definitely so if you then wait to record the same half hour at the speaker on the other side of Towers Street so you can mix it in post ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.