• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So...... I am lost in this discussion

The coasters (bar Rita and spinball) clearly have the theoretical capacity to eat through the queues - it’s the supporting lineup that needs a good shake up.

A few pages ago I justified why Merlin do not invest in these rides, but it’s getting to the point where they can’t build many more large sw coasters surely? So what then?

They start using up car parks or are forced to make the guest experience much better than it currently is by cleaning and improving the feel of the park, and adding in flats.

One station, but two shuttles can park in it at once. There are eight sets of air gates, feeding two shuttles with two rows each. The gates alternate, so that one queue is filling while the other is loading. When both shuttles are ready, they dispatch together, and the second one waits at the bottom of the lift, until the first one has got to the top. It's an amazingly efficient system, especially for it's age.

At least, that's what USED to happen....

It was running like that yesterday and so far today.

So...... I am lost in this discussion

The coasters (bar Rita and spinball) clearly have the theoretical capacity to eat through the queues - it’s the supporting lineup that needs a good shake up.

A few pages ago I justified why Merlin do not invest in these rides, but it’s getting to the point where they can’t build many more large sw coasters surely? So what then?
They replace older rides

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I would be happy for them to get rid of Rita, they could move it to another Merlin park or even sell it on to recoup some cost since it’s not a landscaped ride and it wouldn’t be too difficult to plonk it into another park.

Then it would properly open up Dark Forest to start from scratch with new rides/eateries etc.

And outrage ensues. You can’t remove XYZ because it’s what made the park...Rita & Th13teen are clear candidates though. A brand new themed area.

I know Galactica was planned to be the next to be removed due to the technical issues they were having with it. I don’t have any more recent information to confirm whether this is still the case.

If it is indeed still the case, I could see an expansion of forbidden valley onto the carpark opposite to galactica.

Rita is on the cards, as is Spinball.

Personally, I would love to see SW9 at the entrance to forbidden valley, taking up the site of the blade, ripsaw, nemesis sub terra, nemesis shrapnel theming the edge arcade and the disused food outlets. Obviously though we would then need at least one new flat to replace the blade. I just feel like the enterance to this area feels quiet and run down, almost nearing cloud cuckoo land with the empty structures and abundance of space emphasising a sense that the area is quite isolated.

SW9 also seems likely to be a thrill inverted ride as Th13teen a family ride was followed by The Smiler a thrill ride which was then successed by Wicker Man a family ride.

Most likely option to me seems like the site of Galactica for a new thrill ride.

But why remove Rita if there's no planned replacement? That just lessens the ride offering and lengthens the queues on the other rides

But why remove Rita if there's no planned replacement? That just lessens the ride offering and lengthens the queues on the other rides

The site of rita is actually quite small. It would be a struggle to fit another ride upon that site as rita works as the track is so far above ground at all locations.

As far as I was aware, towers had no plans to remove high throughput rides (including all the secret weapons) without a replacement. Their focus is efficiency which is why flat rides and the flume (with a low annual throughput due to troughs in demand) with low throughputs have been scrapped amd not replaced by merlin, unfortunate for us, logical as a business for them.

However, Spinball’s removal won’t see a secret weapon replacement. One of the main reasons for Wicker Man’s odd location not in it’s own area was that it is close to the entrance. This thus takes queues away from Sonic Spinball which was determined to have long queues due to it’s proximity to the park entrance. In other words, effectively the location of Wicker Man was viewed as perfect to serve to replace both the flume and sonic spinball due to location.

And outrage ensues. You can’t remove XYZ because it’s what made the park...Rita & Th13teen are clear candidates though. A brand new themed area.

Thirteen is highly successful it’s not going anywhere trust me.

I know Galactica was planned to be the next to be removed due to the technical issues they were having with it. I don’t have any more recent information to confirm whether this is still the case.

If it is indeed still the case, I could see an expansion of forbidden valley onto the carpark opposite to galactica.

Personally, I would love to see SW9 at the entrance to forbidden valley, taking up the site of the blade, ripsaw, nemesis sub terra, nemesis shrapnel theming the edge arcade and the disused food outlets. Obviously though we would then need at least one new flat to replace the blade. I just feel like the enterance to this area feels quiet and run down, almost nearing cloud cuckoo land with the empty structures and abundance of space emphasising a sense that the area is quite isolated.

SW9 also seems likely to be a thrill inverted ride as Th13teen a family ride was followed by The Smiler a thrill ride which was then successed by Wicker Man a family ride.

Most likely option to me seems like the site of Galactica for a new thrill ride.
I’m sorry but how do you know this?or is this just an assumption based on well spoken gossip

I’m confident galstica isn’t going anywhere- the vr maybe removed but the hardware no chance - for a start it would affect the successful roller coaster restaurant

Thirteen is highly successful it’s not going anywhere trust me.

I’m sorry but how do you know this?or is this just an assumption based on well spoken gossip

I’m confident galstica isn’t going anywhere- the vr maybe removed but the hardware no chance - for a start it would affect the successful roller coaster restaurant

It’s not gossip - I know from someone there. As I know of all the ride failure reasons from a couple pages back.

The VR will certainly be removed if they make the choice not to scrap the ride. I know however that last year when they were assessing locations for SW9, the site of Galactica, I was told, was deemed as the prime candidate. However, I don’t know whether this is the same now as it is often for a site to be decided as it was with Wicker Man and then changed as the ride’s plans become more explicit.

If this is giving us any clues about SW9, I guess it could be that it could go on the site of galactica and is likely to be a larger thrill ride as that area has a lot of potential for expansion either onto the carpark or onto the sites of lockers but not the rollercoaster resturant.

Also, I thought The Flume's throughput was actually higher than Wicker Man's (1200pph compared with 952pph)? So why would removing that be a throughput efficient move? I far prefer Wicker Man to The Flume, as Wicker Man is an awesome wooden coaster and I didn't think much of The Flume, but I actually thought that The Flume had a higher throughput than Wicker Man.

Also, I thought The Flume's throughput was actually higher than Wicker Man's (1200pph compared with 952pph)? So why would removing that be a throughput efficient move? I far prefer Wicker Man to The Flume, as Wicker Man is an awesome wooden coaster and I didn't think much of The Flume, but I actually thought that The Flume had a higher throughput than Wicker Man.

You’re absolutely right. It had the potential to throughput 1200pph. However, it rarely did. It saw throughput of about 1100pph in the peak summer times. However, it wasn’t efficient as for most of the year, due to cold weather, it had an actual throughput of 200-500pph. Hence, over the year as a whole, the average throughput was much lower than it had the potential to be and much lower than Wicker Man’s is.

You’re absolutely right. It had the potential to throughput 1200pph. However, it rarely did. It saw throughput of about 1100pph in the peak summer times. However, it wasn’t efficient as for most of the year, due to cold weather, it had an actual throughput of 200-500pph. Hence, over the year as a whole, the average throughput was much lower than it had the potential to be and much lower than Wicker Man’s is.
Ah right. Thanks for the insight @WL18!

They are not planning on removing galactica, the only coaster that is definitely a potential to go in the near future is Spinball.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.