• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just go to BPB instead, better park and open every single day :)
Not really the point. Whilst yes a lot of people consider BPB to be the best at the moment (and I can understand that point of view), it doesn’t matter at the end of the day. Towers SHOULD have better opening times and operations. Closed Monday to Wednesday over 6 weeks through September and October is ridiculous.

Just seen ops director at entrance seems to be showing off the park to a group of guests. Lets hope they don't choose to visit in September.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Not really the point. Whilst yes a lot of people consider BPB to be the best at the moment (and I can understand that point of view), it doesn’t matter at the end of the day. Towers SHOULD have better opening times and operations. Closed Monday to Wednesday over 6 weeks through September and October is ridiculous.
I agree, when did I say Towers shouldn't have better opening times/operations? :confused:

So, what if you have booked a hotel stay a few months ago for those dates in September when the park is closed?

The open/closed dates for the season were announced at the start of the year.

Whilst only opening four days a week is pretty embarrassing for the UKs ‘number one theme park’ they can’t be accused of not letting guests know - it’s been on the website since at least early March.

Maybe the reason that Towers are only open 4 days a week in September is to keep kids from skiving off school? I watched a 6-part documentary on BPB last night from the late 1990s, and I seem to remember Geoffrey Thompson being told off about keeping the park open midweek because it would make kids want to skive school. I could be wrong, though.

I thought they were just closing the quietest days but why would it be busier on a Thursday than a Wednesday for example? Or is it to squeeze the crowds into the latter part of the week so the park looks busier?

Unlike Pleasure Beach which is easily accessible for local school kids, Alton Towers doesn't have that problem. It's almost impossible to get to it by public transport at the best of times.
There is 1 regularly scheduled bus service to the park (X52) and that stops running 3rd of September until October.
Im a regular user of it, and it's a pretty poor offering, not helped by nottsderby's reluctance to consider weekend services.
(Stuart frost is the boss at nottsderby)
d08e63af858e075b47e0e6d235896d38.jpg

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.