• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well, they're there today, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Well what annoys me is to see Francis stood there laughing and smiling looking over tower street showing off whille nemisis is down wickerman is running empty trains and Galactica is up and down. Perhaps he needs to take a page out of JR'S book from BPB and go around park and get things going!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

They must think 90% of people will still go regardless of day so closing for three days a week saves costs with only a small decrease in attendance.

Really sucks as some people work weekends. Also this sort of nonsense makes multi-park trips harder (as I found out when Pleasureland Southport and Blackpool Pier rides were closed on weekdays IN JULY)

The open/closed dates for the season were announced at the start of the year.

Whilst only opening four days a week is pretty embarrassing for the UKs ‘number one theme park’ they can’t be accused of not letting guests know - it’s been on the website since at least early March.

Unlike BPB who close early on a whim when there is a bit of rain, which is far worse IMO as people turned up expecting x hours but got less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No worse than the UKs number 1 theme park which can't cope with a crowd these days all big 7 are rammed and still they insist closing at six on a summer holiday

Legoland is the UK’s number 1 theme park based on admissions........
Even so, Legoland certainly isn't the best all round theme park in the UK, it just doesn't cater for the range of audiences (age groups) that it needs to to be considered the best IMO. I'd say our best is easily Alton Towers, even in its current state – which obviously isn't great, but I suppose that also says quite a lot about the rest of the theme parks in the UK..

Even so, Legoland certainly isn't the best all round theme park in the UK, it just doesn't cater for the range of audiences (age groups) that it needs to to be considered the best IMO. I'd say our best is easily Alton Towers, even in its current state – which obviously isn't great, but I suppose that also says quite a lot about the rest of the theme parks in the UK..

I was being pedantic

I shared this on a different thread but Alton Towers came third for TripAdvisor this year. These kind of polls are always subjective though. I don't think you could consider Paulton's Park in the same category, personally.

Still, looks like Blackpool is ahead this year probably helped by the fact their queues have been smaller.
I find it rather staggering that Thorpe, Chessington and Legoland aren't even in the top 10...

4pm closures are completely unacceptable for a park the size of Alton Towers.

Even if it's really quiet and everything's walk on you're still gonna feel rushed.

I literally eat my lunch in quelines on a 10-4 day there’s no time to stop for anything

I find it rather staggering that Thorpe, Chessington and Legoland aren't even in the top 10...

Look at the reviews and it's no surprise why few of them actually get much in the way of positive reviews...

Seems that the UK parks are taking a similar approach to our American and Contintental cousins (seriously, trying to plan midweek trips to these places is a nightmare), only without having decent hours on the actual open days to make up for it...

I refer you to my previous comment.....
I was at legoland the other week with kids and alton was busier yesterday. So maybe this year things will change. I personally felt legoland was not as rammed as much as usual and was surprised it closed at 6. I'm sure it was 7 last year.

I was at legoland the other week with kids and alton was busier yesterday. So maybe this year things will change. I personally felt legoland was not as rammed as much as usual and was surprised it closed at 6. I'm sure it was 7 last year.

Yeah, I went to Towers yesterday and it was a lot busier than I expected. Queues were long all day.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.