• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There's a vacancy for an Assistant Area Manager gone up with the following:

We'll expect you to put forward ideas that increase profits, reduce costs and be able to demonstrate evidence of doing this before.

I have some advice for them.

They cannot reduce costs.

Looks like things won't be getting any better any time soon then... :(

It's the M£rlin way

We'll expect you to put forward ideas that increase profits, reduce costs and be able to demonstrate evidence of doing this before.

Weren't they successful in already doing that this season at the expenses of killing all of our enjoyment of the park?

I have some advice for them.

They cannot reduce costs.
That's not strictly true though. It'd be more correct to say they cannot reduce costs without affecting guest's experience and enjoyment.

They can always find ways to reduce costs if they don't care about that, as we've seen in recent years.

That's not strictly true though. It'd be more correct to say they cannot reduce costs without affecting guest's experience and enjoyment.

They can always find ways to reduce costs if they don't care about that, as we've seen in recent years.
Such as 1 train only operation across the board except for scarefest and fireworks

I’ll put my name forward for the job. My idea for cutting costs would be to not hire me.
That’s £8000 annual sallary saved already :)
Some manager at rolls Royce in charge of reducing costs actually made himself redundant like that!

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
They could just scrap the monorail altogether and make everyone walk. Label it TLC. That would save some money. Just have a shuttle bus for disabled guests who can not walk a certain distance.

Add another quid to normal parking and express parking. Add 50p to all meals in restaurants. Increase costs of quenchers and refills. Only run Skyride on peak days (have a note on the website explaining this to be the case). Reduce staffing numbers to only those who are absolutely necessary, this includes management etc. Return later opening of rides.

Pretty sure there's a lot more but gotta go to work now :)

It is worth remembering the difference between reducing costs and reducing budget. Simple and effective efficiences could be found that do indeed reduce costs, but have no impact on guest experience, meaning that part of the budget can be used elsewhere.

Who knows what is going to happen to the budgets next season, you would like to think they will increase after a significantly better year for the park but it would not surprise me if they don't.

:)

Cutting cost ideas:

1. Reduce opening times/days in the theme park
2. Increase price of said theme park tickets
3. Reduce quality of food ingredients across all restaurants
4. Put up prices of food in said restaurants
5. Reduce entertainment offerings in the hotels
6. Cut down on cleaning of the hotel rooms , replacement of towels, bedding etc
7. Close Splash Landings during non peak seasons
8. Increase price of said hotel rooms
9. Push sales of fast track tickets by making queues as long as possible for key rides
10. Reduce fireworks to only 2 days

Some great ideas there for the new person......oh, hang on.... :(

Cutting cost ideas:

1. Reduce opening times/days in the theme park
2. Increase price of said theme park tickets
3. Reduce quality of food ingredients across all restaurants
4. Put up prices of food in said restaurants
5. Reduce entertainment offerings in the hotels
6. Cut down on cleaning of the hotel rooms , replacement of towels, bedding etc
7. Close Splash Landings during non peak seasons
8. Increase price of said hotel rooms
9. Push sales of fast track tickets by making queues as long as possible for key rides
10. Reduce fireworks to only 2 days

Some great ideas there for the new person......oh, hang on.... :(
Don't give them ideas! :mad:;)

I'm preparing my application. Here goes :

1) charge £2.00 fare per person over 3 for the monorail or walk free of charge. If poor uptake on use we can close it.

2) All entry is book online with QR code ticket (s) sent to phone and scan at the turnstiles. This allows to remove staff from ticket booths etc.

3) Use of self service vending machines to buy fast track first come first served.

4) Close all the food outlets. Most people bring their own food. Just have the vending machines to allow snack purchases and drink . Water fountains available for tap water.

5) Use AI robotics to operate the rides. With turnstiles to count the number of people to be batched on to the airgates.

6) Switch off the effects on thirteen, oblivion and wickerman. Lets be honest people have seen them now.

Hope that works.

S**t I've just realised I will be sacked after one year because I can't cut anything else the year after. I should have staggered it over 3 years, so at least I would have got 3 years work!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Self-service order points at restaurants will be here soon, closely followed by the entrance plaza I'm sure. Self-service checkouts in the shops and for onride photos will be here soon too I reckon.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.