• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The waterfalls will never return, guys. Give it up. Stop talking about them. I'm sick of seeing that constantly brought up everywhere round here. Don't you have anything else to talk about? They are gone, get over it!

Seems the days of quiet midweeks are gone now with the reduced openings. This was 5 minutes before ride close today...a grim prospect for anyone having gone hoping for everything to be walk-on!

vcvbyaka.jpg

Hopefully this means a few more boats are now in use, they've been down for ages.

Bit late in the season to make a major impact though, they've completely missed summer.

Hopefully they'll get all the boats modified for the beginning of the 2019 season, then we might see the return of the waterfalls..

And hopefully next summer is just as hot as this years so we can properly take advantage of a wetter rapids! :D

I presume that these modify boats have more to do with allowing the rapids to be run after dark for the scarefest/fireworks events. It would be nice to see the waterfalls switched back on for the scarefest and fireworks, but I doubt it. If they don't get all the boats modified for the late nights, then it looks like they could be running the rapids on reduce boats = big queues = fast track sales

I may have said this before, but I reckon Alton could make more money if they went back to High Street restaurants, like Burger King and KFC. Merlin would save on staffing costs no end, as I would presume that the food chains would pay for that!

I may have said this before, but I reckon Alton could make more money if they went back to High Street restaurants, like Burger King and KFC. Merlin would save on staffing costs no end, as I would presume that the food chains would pay for that!
These usually run as a franchise where the park pays all the running costs, the benefit to the park being that it's a well known, established brand so in theory will have higher prices and more likely to get custom. When you're somewhere like Alton Towers there's no choice to eat anywhere else other than on park it makes less sense to be paying franchise fees.

I'm saved....

My plan for the year after.

Switch off marmaliser and effects in and around the smiler.

Only certain rides available on certain days to reduce maintenance tech staff, running costs and encourage revisits on different days to try different rides.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I did notice today that the smoke effect on the duel crypt was back on as was the nemesis gun thing also the RMT had smoke and lighting effects in the tunnel is this scarefest prep?

These usually run as a franchise where the park pays all the running costs, the benefit to the park being that it's a well known, established brand so in theory will have higher prices and more likely to get custom. When you're somewhere like Alton Towers there's no choice to eat anywhere else other than on park it makes less sense to be paying franchise fees.
Ah right. Thanks for the insight @Katy!

When you're somewhere like Alton Towers there's no choice to eat anywhere else other than on park it makes less sense to be paying franchise fees.

And without a franchise supplying you the ingredients, you can make your own pizzas with the dough overloaded with yeast. So the "all you can eat buffet" fills you up after 4 slices of pizza. Just one trick of the trade

The waterfalls will never return, guys. Give it up. Stop talking about them. I'm sick of seeing that constantly brought up everywhere round here. Don't you have anything else to talk about? They are gone, get over it!

Nah, they're still there. They've not yet been destroyed and had their parts put up for sale in shops and on eBay for those who miss them too much to take to bed with them at night!

;)

Just had a quick check of queue times ahead of my visit next week and mine train, duel and rapids showing as not open till 11. Staggered openings return official? Pathetic

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.