• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Surprisingly, I’ve managed to get the back row on a number of occasions, even though I only visited the park a couple of times this year. :D

In recent years back row has only been used for disabled access.
I must have been lucky then. Had two rides on Nemesis, one in the back row. Was with someone who's never been to Alton Towers before, so of course we went for back row :D

Was in early June and although the park was moderately busy, Nemesis was walk on for every row except the front :)

Disabled guests will always be put in the back row. But also when they aren’t using the Fastrack merge point, fastrack will also use the exit and back row.

However if it’s a fairly quiet day then there won’t be many fastrack or disabled so they’ll open back row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you just luck out when you get to the gates...

Unless that's not fun for the conspiracy theorists? Maybe Merlin are deliberately preventing our back row rides because of the online flak they get?

Disabled guests usually go on the back row so it’s easier to evacuate if the ride was to break down on the lift hill. I know it’s certainly the case on Nemesis, TH13TEEN, Rita and Smiler.

Strangely Oblvion our disabled guests on the front row, and I’m unsure on Wicker Man or The Smiler.

And if fastrack is using the exit with disabled it’s easier to just load the back row.

Disabled guests usually go on the back row so it’s easier to evacuate if the ride was to break down on the lift hill. I know it’s certainly the case on Nemesis, TH13TEEN, Rita and Smiler.

Strangely Oblvion our disabled guests on the front row, and I’m unsure on Wicker Man or The Smiler.

And if fastrack is using the exit with disabled it’s easier to just load the back row.

As @spinball pointed out, Oblivion being front is likely due to the rear row being raised

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

There's a survey for your views on Alton Towers in 2018. Here's the link:
http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/Alton-Towers-Resort-2018/
:)

My favourite question asked how you could improve the resort "in just a couple of words"...
survey.png

Just completed the survey, would actually like to give more feedback but they only asked for a few words, I just put stop cost cutting.

Of course, evert business cost costs, but the way M£rlin do it grossly affect's customers days out.

Hopefully there will be some comments about SRQ and staggered openings after their implementation earlier this year.

I put SRQ and bag stores on 13/Smiler but completely forgot about staggered openings as they'd pretty much gone by the end of season

This was my reply

Shorter queuing times without the need to purchase fast
tracks
Bring back Single rider queues
Bring back 1 hour Early ride time
Abolish Staggered opening times
Bring back the waterfalls on the Rapids
Longer opening times
Need to run the park like the UK number 1 park and not
keep cutting the budget
Bring back the scare zones for the Scarefest
Cost of Hotel accommodation in the resort needs to be
more affordable
Fireworks were Amazing

The website wouldn't allow me to post the above, it needed to be 30 words max, so I shortened the above to this

Shorter queuing times. Bring back Single rider queues, 1 hour Early ride time, Rapid waterfalls, longer opening times, scare zones. Abolish Staggered opening times. No more budget cuts. Affordable hotel stays

I hope everyone put “galactica no VR”
I was gutted I could only use 15 words when I filled in the last section. But in short I put Open SRQ, no staggered openings, longer days in summer and less closed midweek days.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.