• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There are opening times on the website, just no closing times! Park opens 10am each day with ERT for pre-booked tickets and Merlin pass holders only.
I’m sure they will announce closing times soon but most of your other points seem clear on the AT website.
It clearly states the 20% discount on the Merlin pass page but no mention on the season pass page means no discount and no ERT. Seems clear to me what’s included when you check the page for each product.

As I’ve said previously people make journeys tha are hundreds of miles long to visit, surely having closing times of the attraction should be a given

There are opening times on the website, just no closing times! Park opens 10am each day with ERT for pre-booked tickets and Merlin pass holders only.
I’m sure they will announce closing times soon but most of your other points seem clear on the AT website.
It clearly states the 20% discount on the Merlin pass page but no mention on the season pass page means no discount and no ERT. Seems clear to me what’s included when you check the page for each product.
It's just that when you ask the park they say, "we do not have this information yet".

They told me that an AT annual pass had no discounts included but I've been using them all year :p

<snip>

It's only hotel guests & MAP holders this year. I'm not too bothered by that, it's similar to Phantasia and EP, except they're only a ride or an area.

Still seems odd that they'd make 2-4-1's cheaper than booking online though

I might have asked this question before, but would I be OK to go into ERT with my standard MAP, or is it Premium MAPs only?

I know there's been a lot of talk about fastrack on the Wicker Man thread but I think that this point is better suited to this section.

It appears that you will now be charged £5 extra for buying fastrack packages on the day. Does this mean that they are now going to be date stamped when you collect them from the box office, preventing people from using them on later visits or selling part-used fastracks on ebay?

I know there's been a lot of talk about fastrack on the Wicker Man thread but I think that this point is better suited to this section.

It appears that you will now be charged £5 extra for buying fastrack packages on the day. Does this mean that they are now going to be date stamped when you collect them from the box office, preventing people from using them on later visits or selling part-used fastracks on ebay?
Fastracks are allready dated. The unlimited ones have the date written on and the rest are just simple tickets (just like admission)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Is there really a thriving trade in partially used fastrack?

I would guess that they've trying to push advance sales as in recent years most queues have rarely been long enough for many people to bother buying on the day (scarefest/fireworks excluded).

I bought last years AT Annual pass for £70 which included parking and discounts and ERT - I hope the staff know the difference between this years pass and last years....

I bought last years AT Annual pass for £70 which included parking and discounts and ERT - I hope the staff know the difference between this years pass and last years....
I assume it will say on the season passes that they don't get benefits, similar to how it says what years benefits merlin passes get.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Is there really a thriving trade in partially used fastrack?

I would guess that they've trying to push advance sales as in recent years most queues have rarely been long enough for many people to bother buying on the day (scarefest/fireworks excluded).

Also, and especially at Thorpe, the queue at the fast track sales booth are often longer than the standby queue for the ride.

It also makes commercial sense to discount pre-booked fast track as that person cannot then change their mind when they arrive and see the queues are 15 minutes (or decide to not bother buying fast track at all).

How busy is Alton Towers generally on opening day? Do people think the queues for rides other than Wicker Man will be significantly larger than normal?

Never been to an opening day before, would love to experience it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.