• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That is simply because they don't know when they are going to close yet!
I imagine they will close later if the new ride makes the park busier than expected, they will close sooner if it hasn't made much impact on attendance.
They are under no obligation whatsoever to fix closing times just so one customer can book a taxi home.
Tell the taxi firm you will phone them at lunchtime on the bloody day!
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has reasons to want to know the close times.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Even if towers announced closing times, there'd still be a chance of an on the day extension getting in the way of your plans anyway

Finally got confirmation of opening times by email from guest services.

"The attraction will open from 10am and close at 5pm"

The park will not close at 5pm if they decide to extend it. Extensions on the day are flexible and not planned in advance.

:)

Anyone reckon we'll finally get a new map design this year? Surely it's about time for a refresh as the current style is an odd mash up of the previous two designs and there's not loads of room for Wicker Man

Anyone reckon we'll finally get a new map design this year? Surely it's about time for a refresh as the current style is an odd mash up of the previous two designs and there's not loads of room for Wicker Man
I think it will be last year's just with the wickerman Lego instead of the current marker. (And possibly it in the right area)

If Lego make a Wickerman range, surely Francis should be immortalised first as a minifig, since he'll likely spend most of his time this year having to make Facebook videos outside the ride entrance explaining why the latest Mail article about the coaster is horse manure?

Well not to get too far off topic, but there has already been a couple of Christopher Lee minifigs in the form of Count Duku and Saurman, so I'm sure you could use that head and get creative....

Last edited:
So we are just over a week away from opening day and riding a new wooden coaster at Alton Towers, exciting times! However.....

-We still have no opening times at all, not even provisional ones. It's getting pretty dire when we are just one week away.

-No staggered ride opening information, I hope we get no nasty surprises on opening day.

-There is still no clarity on whether or not the new season passes include Early Ride Time or in park F&B/retail discounts.

-We still have no confirmed opening date for the park's new signature attraction which has had people riding it since the end of 2017. Hopefully this should be fixed on Thursday.

Call me a moaner, but it's all a little too last minute for me :p

So we are just over a week away from opening day and riding a new wooden coaster at Alton Towers, exciting times! However.....

-We still have no opening times at all, not even provisional ones. It's getting pretty dire when we are just one week away.

-No staggered ride opening information, I hope we get no nasty surprises on opening day.

-There is still no clarity on whether or not the new season passes include Early Ride Time or in park F&B/retail discounts.

-We still have no confirmed opening date for the park's new signature attraction which has had people riding it since the end of 2017. Hopefully this should be fixed on Thursday.

Call me a moaner, but it's all a little too last minute for me :p
They made it clear to me that the season pass gets no discounts at all or ert.

Alton are just playing it extremely safe in order to watch their backs. The ride is going to be all over the media within a few days, and it's plastered across the resort website, where it can also be seen whizzing around the track. It's obviously going to open on March 17th, but just in case something goes awry, be that weather, technical hoo-ha or God knows what else, then they won't be disappointing thousands. Or, at least they won't be accused of it and refunding to reflect the situation.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.