• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hope you manage it @Benjsh! Has The Smiler actually opened? It's still showing as unavailable but the reliability of someone on park is better than ride times. Anyone know what the deal is with Th13teen as well?

Yeah I'd like to know what the hell is going on. It seems somewhat ridiculous that rides may actually be open yet are showing 'unavailable.' Equally its poor if they are just opening late for no apparent reason.

So - according to their app, at 11:41 the following are not available:

Hex
RMT
Enterprise
Galactica
Thirteen
Smiler
Wicker Man

Alton Towers said first thing this morning on Twitter:

RESORT UPDATE: Following the recent disruption caused by the cold weather, we are delighted to confirm that our rides and attractions are now up and running as normal.

What the hell is going on????? Are those rides open or not (with the except of WM)

I think someone forgot to tell the staff that the 12pm opening times were partially reversed.

I'm glad that I've postponed my visit, still not worth the hassle of a journey for a measly few hours worth of rides. I feel sorry for those that have paid £100's for accommodation to find that most of the park is closed for most of the morning.

I've had 3 rides on Nemmy and 2 galactica ( 1 vr)

Park are doing their best. Operations aren't too bad.

Obviously not otherwise the rides will have all been open on time :rolleyes:

Isn't this pretty much what they said they was going to do anyway at the start of the season? Then everyone moaned and complained so they changed the wording and everyone was like well that' perfectly fine. There just doing what they set out to with the staggered openings of the big rides.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.