• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Random question, have they laid the £50 bricks yet, the ones with peoples "markings" engraved into them causing a nice little inlet, perfect for collecting and holding liquid?
From what I could see on Sunday, the answer to that is currently no. They'll probably come soon, though. Alton wouldn't con people out of money like that! I'm sure the bricks are on their way and will be in the plaza soon.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but on Saturday there were tv crews around the park and posters advising of a Channel 4 documentary being filmed and that guests may appear in it. Does anyone know any more about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No point laying them now when you'll just need to replace them next week.

You think they’ll replace them?

It looks like they’ve used the full proceeds from the sale of both bricks to overhaul the entrance plaza already. Surely there’s no money left in the kitty for replacement.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but on Saturday there were tv crews around the park and posters advising of a Channel 4 documentary being filmed and that guests may appear in it. Does anyone know any more about this?

Ah, I did wonder why there was a camera crew walking around and filming people queuing and going on wicker man on Thursday last week

Is park life coming back :D
It could be a follow a person that goes to a theme park. We had one at a festival i was medical cover on, i was on tv from the neck down. Good thing some say.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I have been contacted by Channel 4 about this. The person who emailed me said that it was a documentary about the new ride but was asking if they could possibly use some old footage from my Youtube channel. Probably to help flesh out the back story of the park or something. I expect that TowersStreet and the other big Towers sites have been contacted beforehand. Any new documentary on Towers is good if you ask me :)

Edit - I was also contacted by an Alton Towers collector a couple of weeks back about this (before I had an email directly). He knew that I had a collection that would probably be of interest to the TV company and thought that it could be an idea to work with them. However, I don't particularly want to end up on national TV being portrayed as some geeky fairground collector. If they want to discuss the history of the gardens etc though, I may indulge them. But yeah, the new coaster is obviously more interesting in many ways. It's a bloody good one too.

Last edited:

My wife, who was holding my son, and I were asked if we minded being filmed for this documentary when we were watching Wicker Dude. :)

I have been contacted by Channel 4 about this. The person who emailed me said that it was a documentary about the new ride but was asking if they could possibly use some old footage from my Youtube channel. Probably to help flesh out the back story of the park or something. I expect that TowersStreet and the other big Towers sites have been contacted beforehand. Any new documentary on Towers is good if you ask me :).

They have indeed been in touch. Funnily enough I read this just as I was about to recommend they get in touch with you. Glad to see they gave you a shout anyway!

It seems it's time for my annual address....

I've removed a number of posts this morning related to the travelling community. The language used was completely unacceptable and has no place here on the forum. You are of course free to discuss the differences/changes in how the theme park operates on so-called 'traveller days', but using offensive stereotypes or slurs won't be tolerated.

Future posts will simply be removed and warnings will be issued. If you wish to argue with each other, do so privately - a public forum is not the place to do it.

How busy is the park going to be on friday?and does anyone one know if park numbers are going to be boosted by travellers having a early start to the weekend visit?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I'd go expecting it to be similar to a weekend, it is Easter Friday after all. Iirc they turned up on the Friday last year much to the surprise of security who weren't prepared, but it's anybody's guess.

What is the running card down the road like for Friday? Don't they try and time their visit to coincide with the events at the gee gees.

Yes I believe they tend to visit around weekends when there are big races on at Uttoxeter. The actual day they arrive is always a bit of a guessing game to be honest.

Random question, have they laid the £50 bricks yet, the ones with peoples "markings" engraved into them causing a nice little inlet, perfect for collecting and holding liquid?

What I been told, they got delayed due to the bad weather and when they did arrive, they were pink and not purple, so they were sent back to be redone.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.