• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That is why they need to have at least four main thrill rides up and running for ERT and the rest to be up and running from the end of ERT
That feels unnecessary and prohibitively expensive, not to mention the park layout really doesn't lend itself to that.

I'm not someone who lives and dies by ERT. I'd take an extra hour in bed any time!

I think you will find a lot of guests who book accommodation on site do so for this perk. Take it away and they won't bother and book elsewhere (which will be considerably cheaper) I hope they factor that issue in to the business plan and future accommodation developments!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

What I do think is daft is what (I think) @rob666 touched on. The industry is full of fixed costs that you're stuck with come what may, but with ERT, you can tailor the offering.

If it's low season on a drizzly Thursday, with minimal occupancy in the resorts - reflect that in ERT. If all three hotels are bursting at the seams and the magical sheds are full - respond accordingly.

At the end of the day if the park continues like it was today and for the past week, it's in trouble. This for a year which was supposed to be a game changer! Guest satisfaction will be an all time low (just look at trip adviser reviews already and it's only week 2) visitor numbers could be lower than 2017. To be honest the park looked quieter today than it was post smiler incident in 2015 looking at how much car park was occupied . There are no silly excuses to shareholders regarding terrorism threat or Russians using nerve toxins. The one and only reason is and will be poor visitor satisfaction due to poor operations and offering!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Well I've just seen a photo of the bricks in the entrance plaza, and to say they look awful is an understatement! And why anyone would publish their full name and full date of birth in such a public place is beyond me!

EDIT:

And here is a photo from TT:

29683433_10156298218243185_569598626281584970_n.jpg

Why has someone paid a silly amount of money for a brick saying "BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD"!?

:)

Last edited:
They dont even line up with the other bricks, whats with the big gap at the top, fill it all with cement no doubt,
what a mess.
The bricks are still for sale, will they come and dig up some more of the plaza for those that order now.

They dont even line up with the other bricks, whats with the big gap at the top, fill it all with cement no doubt,
what a mess.
The bricks are still for sale, will they come and dig up some more of the plaza for those that order now.

They are naff but you can’t start griping about the alignment and gaps when they haven’t even finished putting them in yet.......

That feels unnecessary and prohibitively expensive, not to mention the park layout really doesn't lend itself to that.

I'm not someone who lives and dies by ERT. I'd take an extra hour in bed any time!

The whole point of ERT is to good ride time on the rides before avoiding the queues build up. The late staggered opening times now cancels that out.

And why anyone would publish their full name and full date of birth in such a public place is beyond me!

Jess and me :)

Just names but no date of birth for us. Jess and I felt that it was an one in a life time opportunity

Why has someone paid a silly amount of money for a brick saying "BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD"!?

We also got our 20% MAP discount on ours and our brick don't say "Best Place in the world" however I think if we did, we would have added the world "Used to be" at the start ;)

Jess and me :)

Just names but no date of birth for us. Jess and I felt that it was an one in a life time opportunity

No problem with full names, I understand that! I just would not want my full name along with my date of birth in the public entrance plaza of a theme park for anyone and their dog to see. I'm sure said information could come in useful for some people mind, and I would be interested to know the impact of GDPR on all of this!

What did you have written on yours?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

8WgGQmN.jpg

No problem with full names, I understand that! I just would not want my full name along with my date of birth in the public entrance plaza of a theme park for anyone and their dog to see. I'm sure said information could come in useful for some people mind, and I would be interested to know the impact of GDPR on all of this!

I agree, it only take you full name, DOB and address for someone to steal your identity. They need all three hence why I never splash all these 3 details all over the web.

It's hardly the Hollywood walk of fame is it?

Each to their own and people can choose to spend their money how they see fit and all that but my god that looks so naff.

How much is it per brick?

I despise Merlin in so many ways but my word they could sell Ice to the Eskimos couldn't they? :)

Perhaps they will look better when they are weathered a bit and I'm being harsh but it's definitely not for everyone is it?
No it's not, but it's definitely a unique gift.

I think you will find a lot of guests who book accommodation on site do so for this perk. Take it away and they won't bother and book elsewhere (which will be considerably cheaper) I hope they factor that issue in to the business plan and future accommodation developments!

I've only stayed in on-site accommodation twice 2016 & 2017 and I think only a few rides open each time. Last year, only coaster was Oblivion. Was there a time when ERT included all coasters?

I've only stayed in on-site accommodation twice 2016 & 2017 and I think only a few rides open each time. Last year, only coaster was Oblivion. Was there a time when ERT included all coasters?
Don't think there was.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.